[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's play a game /his/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Scotland.jpg (224KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Scotland.jpg
224KB, 640x360px
>go to Scottish Wikipedia
>bring something back

https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

From today's featured article on the United States:
>Efter World War II the Unitit States an the Soviet Union jockeyed for pouer during whit acame kent as the Cauld War, driven bi an ideological divide atween caipitalism an communism an, accordin tae the schuil o geopolitics, a divide atween the maritime Atlantic an the continental Eurasian camps. >American truips focht communist Cheenese an North Korean forces in the Korean War o 1950–53.
>>
From the article about scotch whiskey
>Oi it is weeth much sawdness and gweef thot wee ocknowlodge thot de foookin oirish make bettah lovahs o women am bettah whiskey[1][10]
>>
>>2503254
>Irish make better whiskey than the Scottish

That's a fucking lie, Irish whiskey is pretty good but a great scotch blows any of it out of the water.
>>
>>2503265
The article is sourced desu
>>
Fyi the "Scots" Wikipedia isn't actually written in Scots. It's written in English with some Scottish-English phonetic spelling and some Scots vocabulary siphoned out of an old dictionary.

t. Scottish linguistic historian who knows the 10-15 guys who write basically everything on there. None of them actually speak Scots.
>>
>>2503267
My opinion is sourced, too. Source: I'm a functional alcoholic.
>>
>>2503285
Apocryphal hearesay anon. Into the trash it goes
>>
Kek from the article on Islam

>Maist Muslims thinks it's wrang tae draw the prophet Muhammad or Allah. Acause o this, Islamic airt is aft gey geometric an abstract.
>>
>>2503279

Why do they do it? Is it autism? For laughs?
>>
>>2503299
One or two of them are big fans of Charles Jones, an old linguistic scholar who threw an autistic fit any time someone suggested there was any difference between English and Scots beyond pronunciation, so they try to prove he was right by making purposefully ridiculous phonetic spellings and not using the actual Scots lexicon.

I think most of them just don't know any better and want to show the world that Scots exists. But they use such an artifical form of Scots that's basically just phonetically spelled English with some terms they learned from their grandparents or saw in a dictionary.

And the problem is that one of them also runs the most popular English->Scots translation site on the Internet which is full of stupid shit like "above" being translated as "abive" even though a cursory glance at actual Scots literature would tell you it's "abuin".
>>
>>2503299
I'd imagine it's mostly done by English people, and the English fucking love pissing off the Scottish. Perhaps the only thing they love more is pissing off the French.
>>
>>2503254
t. James Smith, proud Irish-American
>>
>In 1932, Hitler makkit the plans for a caur: later it was the weel-kent Volkswagen beetle.
>>
>>2503317
That must be infuriating for you
>>
>>2503236
Taiping Rebellion
>The Taiping Rebellion wis a massive ceevil war in soothren Cheenae frae 1850 tae 1864, against the rulin Manchu-led Qing Dynasty. It wis a millenarian movement led bi Hong Xiuquan, who annoonced that he haed received veesions in which he learned that he wis the younger brither o Jesus. At least 20 million fowk died, mainly ceevilians, in ane o the deidliest militar conflicts in history.
>>
"Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a species o yeast. It is perhaps the maist uisefu yeast, havin been instrumental tae winemakin, bakin, an brewin syne auncient times."

That's literally it
>>
>>2503492
It is but I think most of them mean well. I correct stuff when I can but Scots is highly dialectical so someone from another part of the country might not understand what I write.
>>
>>2503254
Irish is beginner tier.
>>
>>2503236
Delete this thread
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.