[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop being trapped in a cave.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: plato-1.jpg (61KB, 342x455px) Image search: [Google]
plato-1.jpg
61KB, 342x455px
Stop being trapped in a cave.
>>
>>2501063
The cave theory thing is the most ass-pulled concept I've ever heard. Where did he come up with this stuff?
>>
File: terk.jpg (25KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
terk.jpg
25KB, 252x276px
>>2501076
by watching you chained in a basement looking at the pretty pixels on the "walls", friend
>>
>>2501086
Fuck.
>>
>>2501063
Plato's entire epistemology and metaphysics revolve around the idea that your senses are a lie and only pure thought can bring you into contact with the Forms. This is more conducive to sitting in a cave all day focusing on abstract symbols that you made up than any of the alternatives.

I understand why he used the analogy but it's still shit and amusingly ironic.
>>
I would, but I just can't distinguish this illusion I'm experiencing from reality. What should I do?
>>
>>2501076
It was a metaphor for an attack on narrow mindedness and misunderstanding

In order to truly comprehend and understand your surroundings and life you must be open. "To entertain a thought but not accept it"
>>
>>2501076
It's a metaphor. The actual idea is fairly sound.
>>
>>2501109

The perceptions of the senses aren't lies, just blurry half-truths. You need rationality to understand the forms but you can't rationalize anything if you just stay inside and don't experience anything.
>>
Don't let Plato write down what I said. He is a fuckwit and understands nothing I said. - Socrates last words before drinking the Kool-Aid
>>
>>2501907
>rationality
Your powers of rationality are not any more accurate or precise than sight or smell.
>>
>>2501932
>that nose

Socrates was a Black man.
>>
All these thousands of years later and we are still just screeching frightened apes dancing about so proud of our accomplishments and made all the more ridiculous by our certainty in what we believe to know absolutely.
>>
>>2501969
The prostitutes behind the Agora knew that for certain.
>>
File: braincocks.jpg (152KB, 710x594px) Image search: [Google]
braincocks.jpg
152KB, 710x594px
>>2501086
Really jerks your braincocks...
>>
God some of you people are really stupid.
>>
>>2501969
Socrates === Yakub
>>
>>2501932
Dude forms lmao
>>
>>2501969
Here's proof that Plato was too
>>
>>2501109
It's conceptual analysis plus metaphysical mysticism. Still better than everything is water or whatever.
>>
>>2502451
Oh shiet whitey BTFO,
>>
>>2501109
I bet he believed their were more then two genders too.
>>
>>2501969
I was going to tell you that you were retarded, but it hit me: he really was black. Just think about it guys:
>didn' do nuthin
>was woke af
>didn't give a shit about his kids
>did nothing all day but loiter around and argue with his compatriots and youngings who aspired to be like him
>was said to be ugly and physically unappealing
>self identifies as a Pimp
>poor as fuck
>considered to be a blight to the country by his accusers
>>
>>2503376
don't forget
>people disliked his bad influence on the youth
mfw Socrates invented Hip-Hop
>>
File: 1453472188702.png (75KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1453472188702.png
75KB, 208x206px
>>2501063
Filthy Greek pagans
>>
>>2501076
Sorates came up with it, he just recorded the conversation
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.