[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Zoroastrianism come up with the idea of an absolute morality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: zoroastriasm_.jpg (47KB, 720x339px) Image search: [Google]
zoroastriasm_.jpg
47KB, 720x339px
Did Zoroastrianism come up with the idea of an absolute morality?
>>
I vote Zoroastrianism as the official religion of /his/.
>>
>>2500779
I don't care, I just like how it lets me fuck my sister.
>>
>>2500779
No, as in all other things Zoroaster stole from the Jews in captivity under the Medes and Persians, originally having been under captivity by the Babylonians.
>>
>>2500808
I thought it was the other way around.
Basically, Judaism was your average pagan religion with many gods and stuff, any only through contact with the Persians it slowly evolved into the monotheistic religion we know today
>>
>>2500814
Most people assume it was the other way around, and an entire branch of linguistics was dedicated to the notion of pushing Zoroaster back into history so that he would precede Judaism itself. All this based on a copy of a work that dates to 2000 years after the fact.

Here's the Encyclopedia Britannica entry on the man:

Zarathustra, also spelled Zarathushtra, Greek Zoroaster (born traditionally c. 628 bce, possibly Rhages, Iran—died c. 551 bce), Iranian religious reformer and prophet, traditionally regarded as the founder of Zoroastrianism.

A major figure in the history of world religions, Zarathustra has been the object of much scholarly attention, in large part because of his apparent monotheism (his concept of one god, whom he referred to as Ahura Mazdā, or the “Wise Lord”), his purported dualism (evident in the stark distinction he drew between the forces of good and the forces of evil), and the possible influence of his teachings on subsequently emerging Middle Eastern religions (e.g., Judaism).

However, Judaism had begun centuries prior to this time; this was the captivity time when the Jews lost control over Israel and went into captivity for 70 years.

By this timeline, Zoroaster comes into contact with the torah of the Jews in captivity in Persia. Otherwise there is no evidence to indicate that Zoroaster went to Israel to "influence Judaism".

Zoroastrianism is Jew lite plus pagan fire god.
>>
>>2500828
I am not informed enough about this topic to have a discussion, but I find it strange that wikipedia disagrees with you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judaism
>>
>>2500779
Zoroastrianism is amoralistic in fact

Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds must not be seen as moralistic but as skillistic

As an example : These are good piece of arts / This cake is very good
>>
>>2500870
can you explain it in a way that i can understand you?
>>
>>2500877
What i'm trying to say is that Zoroastrianism is not about "muh feelings" but about acting rightly.
>>
>>2500893
I thought the main new idea of Zoroastrianism was that there is an absolute good god and an absolute bad god, this giving birth to the concepts of absolute morality.
The gods of former polytheistic religions were neither good or bad, morality was what suits you the best
>>
>>2500911
Zoroastrianism is dualistic but it is about "following or not following Asha" which mean the divine Order created by Mazda.

Don't get me wrong, although Zoroastrianism isn't about "muh feelings" it doesn't mean that you can do anything, it just mean that what refrain from killing and raping is not "i love my neightbour" but it is "contrary to Asha". There is no emotion involved, just the knowledge of what is wrong and right
>>
>>2500937
it just mean that what refrain you from killing and raping is not "i love my neightbour" but "it is contrary to Asha". There is no emotion involved, just the knowledge of what is wrong and right

fix'd
>>
>>2500828
Zoroaster is a reformer and refiner of a religion that predates him and Judaism by centuries. Martin Luther didn't create Christianity.
>>
No. Zoroastrianism is literally a religion concocted by Persians after reading a scroll of the prophet Isaiah.

Zoroastrianism is literally just a rip-off of the real deal (Old Testament Israel).

The Bible says that God used the Persian empire to give the Jews one more chance after they have been in Babylonian captivity. The Persians are used by God to also punish the ancient nations of Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Tyre, Sidon, Moab, Edom, etc.
>>
>>2500814
that's atheist pseudo-history
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.