[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the excess of information ultimately detrimental to humanity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Internet.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Internet.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
Is the excess of information ultimately detrimental to humanity?
>>
>>2500754
>excess of information
What does that even mean. Is an excess of math a detriment to anything.
>>
Excess implies the existence of the proper measure. Absolute or ultimate detriment implies a kind of irreversibility.
>>
No.
>>
yes the internet was a mistake
>>
*excess of misinformation
>>
>>2500754
No, but a lack of tools which filter the information is
>>
Probably. In much the same way excess of freedom is detrimental to democracy.
>>
>>2500810
>*excess of misinformation
I'm with this.
>>
>>2500754
I don't know enough to tell you.
>>
Labor time went up as technology advanced despite supposdly being "labor saving devices." I don't think technology is bad or good per say but the trick is to not be enslaved by it. this enslavement has manifested in iPhone addictions, obsessive clenlensess and reliance on it for things you can be independent about among other things.
>>
>>2500754
Maybe, if one cannot gather a general sense of what is 'real' by the amount and variety of information, some even contradictory, that the average person is to make sense of; including but not limited to (manufactured) images in the media. The problem could be the discontinuity between different experiences of information rather than there being too much, however.
>>
>>2500813

You have it the wrong way around. Democracy is the means, never the end. Too much democracy can lead to a detrimental effect on freedom.
>>
>>2500754

This glut of information comes at the expense of attention, and attention is time related.
>>
File: AIColonel.png (40KB, 135x196px) Image search: [Google]
AIColonel.png
40KB, 135x196px
To begin with, we're not what you'd call "human." Over the past 200 years, a consciousness appeared layer by layer at the crucible of the White House. It's not unlike life started in the oceans four billion years ago. The White House was our primordial soup, a base of evolution. We are formless. We are the very discipline and morality that Americans invoke so often. How can anyone hope to eliminate us? As long as this nation exists, so will we.

Don't you know that our plans have your interests - not ours - in mind?
>>
>>2500810
Honestly, this so fucking much.

I mean there's always been snake oil salesmen but the Internet is pretty much an apothecary comprised 90% of snake oil and 9% of poison.
>>
>>2502255
*1% of legitimate medicine
>>
idk jus walk away for keyboard if its too much go lift weights or something
>>
>>2500754
When your existence is predicated on secrecy and lies I would say yes.

If you fear truth you must have a good reason.
>>
>>2500754
t. just played MGS2
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.