[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abrahamic books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 2.png (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
51KB, 500x500px
I've been interested in abrahamic lore and the abrahamic God for the last year or so.

What would be better to read? The Torah or the new testament? Can anybody on /his/ tell me which they think is more interesting?
>>
>>2499958
>The Torah or the new testament?

Do you seriously not know the difference?
>>
>>2499960

AFAIK the Torah is a more "accurate" version of the old testament, as the old testament contains some errors based on what my Jewish friends have told me.

the new testament was formed for Christians and is a lot more lenient toward its followers.

I was asking /his/ which book they though was more interesting.
>>
>>2499967
Do you want lore? The Torah would be more lore than the NT would be.
>>
>>2499958
The Torah is a very based and reasonable book while the NT is just cuckcuckcuckcuckcuckcuck
>>
>>2499958
All the history, as well as all the angels and demons stuff are in the Torah or the old testament. The new one is just about Jesus and advices on how to go to heaven
>>
>>2499958
The new testament is Christian lore. It has more similarities to Gnosticism than Judaism.

I'd personally read the OT though, as the Jewish religion has severely degraded since 70 AD
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.