[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gods of Ancient Egypt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ra-amentet[1].jpg (45KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
ra-amentet[1].jpg
45KB, 300x360px
Metaphors for nature?
Metaphors for Pharaohs?
Literal spacegods who built things then left?
>>
File: 153508048000202.jpg (396KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
153508048000202.jpg
396KB, 1024x1024px
>>2497963

there is only one god for you honkey ass crackaz and his name is Yakub you Neandertom albino mutant
>>
From the Christian perspective, pagan 'gods' and 'deities' are the legends of ancient Nephilim giants and fallen angels. Pagans essentially worship demons and false gods. The Greek titans for example is just the mythologization of the pre-Flood men of renown.

You should check out Bill Cooper's "Mystery Babylon" podcast, see how it all ties together.
>>
Bible knows them as fallen angels (Genesis 6 or Book of Enoch).

Babylonians called them the Annunaki.
Nu-Atheists call them Ancient Aliens.
Pagans knew them as 'gods'.
>>
>>2498021
>>2498013
So even the Christian stance is that they were more than metaphorical ideas, but actual godlike beings?

Mind slowly being blown, if I've got it right.
>>
>>2497963
They were spiritual beings. Not metaphors. What this means is up to interpretation and not easily discerned. For example, is the Egyptian after death judgment (where there heart is weighed) the same judgment as everyone else? Is it unique to those who practice the faith? Who knows.

>>2498045
Christianity never denied other divinities existed. Usually the OT goes on about the futility of idols more than anything. The Old Testament would sometimes refer to gods demons but this is usually nationalistic in nature and to emphases the jews "chosen" status. Occasionally other gods were referred to in a positive light and in this case they would be called "Host."
>>
>>2498045
Basically pagan gods are angels or demons, whereas the Israelites knew the one true God that created everything.
>>
Goa'uld, all of them
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.