[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of history can actually be regarded as fact?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

How much of history can actually be regarded as fact?
>>
History is made up of two words, one of them being 'story'. Whose story?

His. Who is he? The winner who wrote his story.
>>
>>2497316
Even Napoleon knew history was bullshit.
>>
>>2497322
What about herstory? Why did we learn history in school but not herstory? Is it because of sexism?
>>
>>2497322
But what if the winner was actually the loser and just wrote "his" story in a way that favored him? Personally, I say anything past 200-300 years and you start to enter fiction territory.
>>
>>2497330
It's because women don't make history. The just make the men who do.
>>
Basic events can be regarded as fact. Especially if it's recent history.

It's the narrative around that which is just a fiction we like to invent.
>>
>>2497316

The facts per se don't matter as much as their collective perception and their consequences
Carthage lost to Rome and we know it because of text and archeological evidence. The aparition of the Virgin Mary on some village may not be physical and have only text evidence, but it's impression on their collective conciousness is strong enough to modify the material reality (birth of cults, churches, followers, markets, etc.) and worth of note as much as Carthage's defeat.
>>
>>2497322
Holy...I want more...
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.