[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what were your professors like in college, /his/? I particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6380.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6380.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
what were your professors like in college, /his/?

I particularly remember a revisionist marxist history prof who was visibly burnt out and liked talking about modernity. He started showing us cat memes with utter contempt by the end of the term
>>
I had a really right wing history prof who was pretty awesome

I also had a few of the typical purple haired types in some of the social science courses, they're the worst profs
>>
>>2496657
>purple haired types in some of the social science courses, they're the worst profs

but those classes are the easiest to 4.0 with minimal effort.
>>
>>2496662
you shouldn't have to pay several thousand to write propaganda you don't even believe in
>>
>>2496629
I had a couple african american history classes and they were a little typical of what you'd expect, but they weren't crazy preachy or annoying and they backed up their arguments. Seemed like they might not have a huge grasp on history outside of their field though. I had a class on Weimar Germany, the prof for that was kind of a dick. He was maybe late 30s and thought he was so cool because we would sit in a circle to discuss the readings but he would also purposely call on students who he knew hadn't done the reading for that day and the entire time in class he had this shit eating smirk that made you want to punch him in the face. My worst by far was a professor for Medieval Euro history (which is my favorite time period to study) and he basically turned the class into a historiography class where we didn't learn that much about the actual events of the day, we just jerked off about Gregory the Great. Dropped that class after a couple of weeks..

My three really good profs were this guy who taught a basic US history from 1865 to present, a Greek lady who was my Ancient Mediterranean history professor, and this quirky old guy who taught Michigan History. the first guy was actually technically a journalism professor, he just taught that one history class and he was great, probably my favorite professor ever. Cracked jokes all of the time, never put his bias into the presentations but still made it interesting and was very fair with the assignments. The Greek lady was my first college level history professor and one of the major reasons why I studied history, she wasn't a great public speaker (she had a bit of an accent) and her assignments were difficult but also extremely fair. You got what you earned in her class. It was also just really interesting subject matter and she was really nice. The last guy basically set up the whole class and is probably the best lecturer I have ever heard speak. Had sort of a lindy-esque charisma.
>>
I went to a state school in New England. To be fair, most of my professors were great, but a lot of them still had their eccentricities and would say dumb lefty shit. My advisor, who to this day is still my friend, called Stalin and Hitler "psychopathic serial killers" in class and I raged at him for it being too imprecise.

There was one professor that was almost a caricature he was so bizarre though:
>professor was from latin america, mid 30s, had a ph.d from harvard
>expert on new world slavery, but that was all he was qualified to teach about
>came into class once, cites a tumblr blog and tries to convince all of us that there was a grand conspiracy to eliminate the african influence on medieval europe
>he literally argued that centuries of cover ups prevented us from knowing about the presence of africans in rural ireland or scotland
>rage on him in class
>tried to convince the class that jesus wasn't real
>took an entire class of medieval history to discuss the patriarchy, modern feminism, and how toxic masculinity is
>lets some almost cartoonishly cuck liberal discuss how valuable his gender studies minor is
>took a whole class to talk about how mean trump is, again in medieval history
>was obsessed with jarred diamond style "big history" and took a month out of class to talk about it
>i was doing a big paper on russia with him as an "adviser" and he would keep trying to say how similar russia was to spain
>he's writing his first book right now and might get fired if he doesn't finish it
>doesn't look good at the moment

He's a fun guy to drink with but it was ridiculous how unqualified he is to teach
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.