[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bart Ehrman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 41sK91nDE0L._UX250_.jpg (18KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
41sK91nDE0L._UX250_.jpg
18KB, 250x242px
Is he right that a lot of the new testament is forged?
>>
>>2494848
"forged" seems like a misrepresentation of his position
>>
>dude the NT is a forgery
>why?
>because I said so
>>
>>2494848

Probably. The names of the gospels are traditionally attributed rather than the actual authors. There is also reason to doubt Jesus existed (but thers is debate on it, there is no certainty one way for the other on whether he was real, myth, mix of both, whatever). And if he did exist, we can't be sure of how much is true and some of it is clear bullshit.

But I guess it depends on how you mean forged.
>>
>>2494866
>The names of the gospels are traditionally attributed rather than the actual authors.

It's weird that Christians act like this possibility is so absurd. This kind of behaviour is pretty standard in intellectual and spiritual traditions. There's a reason half of the book bearing his name isn't considered to be written by Chuang Tzu.
>>
>>2494854
He does like to use that word though, probably so he can sell more books.

A less misleading way to put it is that the NT contains some writings that are attributed to people that did not write them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.