[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me get this straight - the people there cut down ALL of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So let me get this straight - the people there cut down ALL of their trees so that they can move around those statues and the lack of trees fucked them up and they almost went extinct?
>>
NO.
>>
lol i dunno
>>
>>2486264
Pretty much. Once they cut all the trees down their culture was finished. Easter Island has a more depressing history than most parts of the world.
>>
it's a poetic story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvES47OdmY
>>
>>2486264
Dwarves did it.
>>
You can't eat trees. They probably left because they couldn't grow enough to support everyone.
>>
>>2486264
No Op, the reason there are no more is they were killed by diseases from their first contact with europeans and those who survived were taken by the thousands by slave raiders.
>>
>>2487670
The population was in long term decline before the Europeans arrived with diseases and took them as slaves.
>>
File: escritura rongorongo.jpg (97KB, 1136x549px) Image search: [Google]
escritura rongorongo.jpg
97KB, 1136x549px
European accounts in 1722 (Dutch) and 1770 (Spanish) reported seeing only standing statues The first-recorded European contact with the island took place on 5 April (Easter Sunday) 1722 when Dutch navigator Jacob Roggeveen visited for a week and estimated there were 2,000 to 3,000 inhabitants on the island. This was an estimate, not a census, and archaeologists estimate the population may have been as high as 10,000 to 12,000 a few decades earlier. His party reported "remarkable, tall, stone figures, a good 30 feet in height", the island had rich soil and a good climate and "all the country was under cultivation"

, but by James Cook's visit in 1774 many were reported toppled. "
A series of devastating events killed almost the entire population of Easter Island in the 1860s.

In December 1862, slave raiders struck Easter Island. Violent abductions continued for several months, eventually capturing or killing around 1500 men and women, about half of the island's population.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.