[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: micky collins.jpg (30KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
micky collins.jpg
30KB, 300x400px
also irish war of independence and irish civil war thread
>>
>>2485401
what do you guys think of the treaty? do you think that the anti treaty forces were right or wrong?
>>
Set up to take the fall for the Anglo-Irish treaty. There was NO way Ulster was going to join the rest of Ireland, short of ethnic cleansing. Collins took the best deal on the table despite not being a politician.

As an economist, I favor a lot of Collins' views on how the Free State should develop. It helps that he knew accounting and understood that Ireland desperately needed to grow economically after centuries of mismanagement.

I don't deify him, but I do feel he's been unfairly slagged by anti-Treaty circles.
>>
>>2485458
The greatest enemy of the Irish people weren't Viking raiders, Cambro-Norman warlords, or London-based governments. It has always been the Irish people.

The Treaty was a bitter pill to swallow, but 7/10 of the island is better than nothing. And it might take a couple of generations, but the northern counties would eventually reunite with the south. The problem was that DeValera's society was run by priests, thus alienating Protestants who favored the nationalist cause as well as Ulstermen who felt vindicated in their fears of a Catholic tyranny.

The Irish Civil War was a fucking mistake. What's even more galling is how the Free State and later Republic mistreated Irish men that served in WWI. Many of them joined the army for money, adventure, or get away from home. They didn't care about supporting British interests and helped defend Catholic France and Belgium from being subjugated. My ex-gf's great-grandfather's grave was vandalized by asshole teens who hated the fact that his headstone said he died serving aboard the Royal Navy in 1915.
>>
is the film michael collins accurate?
>>2485547
wow i didnt know that they treated ww1 soldiers like that in ireland i just assumed they respected them like every other country
>>
Take it down from the mast Irish traitors,
It's the flag we republicans claim
It can never belong to Free Staters
For you've brought on it nothing but shame
>>
>>2485547
This.

>>2485560
They're treated dreadfully by a large portion of people. Probably a minority, but a notable one.
>>
File: IMG_6742.jpg (84KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6742.jpg
84KB, 440x660px
>ywn fight for the independence of your land given by God alongside honorable soldiers who truly believe in freedom for the Fatherland
>ywn liberate the Emerald Island or the Holy Land and live together with your nation as brothers and sisters living to defend the Homeland and guarantee the future of your children

All I want in this life is to be an Irish/Jewish partisan in the 20th century
Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>2486240
These posts are cringey as hell

Stop listening to Sabaton.
>>
File: knyqvyhg6ugy.jpg (194KB, 856x1504px) Image search: [Google]
knyqvyhg6ugy.jpg
194KB, 856x1504px
TRUTH
>>
>>2486251
>implying I listen to pleb-tier Sabaton
>implying I'm 12
I'm a big boy ok

Also,
>complaining about romantization of history
>on /his/
>>
>>2486297
who are the people below de valera and collins
>>
>>2486621
Charles Stewart Parnell
Aodh Mór Ó Néill
Brian Boru
>>
>>2485401
I daresay it created a fine crop of good folk music.

"Come Out, You Black and Tans" is still a damn good song, even if the folk singing it were terrorist fucking bastards.
>>
His death was karma for aiding the IRA terrorist campaign in Northern Ireland, in direct violation of the treaty he had with Britain.

Ireland's now a shithole.
>>
File: 1482839117108.jpg (70KB, 499x626px) Image search: [Google]
1482839117108.jpg
70KB, 499x626px
>>
>>2487628
That's a big island.
>>
QTs
>>
>>2486664
So the further back in Irish history we go, the more romantic and unreliable you become?
>>
File: 1479945244723.jpg (72KB, 620x952px) Image search: [Google]
1479945244723.jpg
72KB, 620x952px
>>2487619
>>
>>2487663
>L.O.L.
>>
File: 1477296267863.jpg (235KB, 1478x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477296267863.jpg
235KB, 1478x420px
>>2487663
WE
>>
>>2487671
>Don't anybody tell you that it's not true, it is true.
That's reassuring.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.