[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never be free as the pirates during the Golden Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png (32KB, 744x496px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate_Flag_of_Jack_Rackham.svg.png
32KB, 744x496px
>you will never be free as the pirates during the Golden Age of Piracy
Imagine not being a subject to any king or nation, instead sailing free with your maties across the exotic seas looting everything in sight and banging qt natives.

If there ever was a perfect example of anarchism in history, it's this.
>>
I don't know, scurvy is pretty shitty. Also I'd probably go insane being among the same 30 people on a tight ship on the open sea for two months.
>>
>>2484419
Submarine and U-Boat crews don't go insane. Why would you?
>>
>>2484419
Being a crew member on the Uboats during WW1 and WW2 was much worse.
>>
>Do something wrong
>Horrible punishments include
>Flogging
>Dunking from the side of the ship into the ocean
>Get tied to the mast for set period of time, exposed to elements
>Sold into slavery
>Marooning
>Keelhauling

>Get caught by the British/French/Portuguese/Spanish navies
>Even worse punishments

Not to mention a pirates main target was merchant shipping, you could ruin a mans entire livelihood by stealing his property. Pirates were awful and often the worst humanity had to offer, love for them is misplaced and equivalent to romanticizing vikings and quirky trouble makers.
>>
File: Bartholomew_Roberts.jpg (88KB, 521x397px) Image search: [Google]
Bartholomew_Roberts.jpg
88KB, 521x397px
>>2484523
>In an honest Service, there is thin Commons, low Wages, and hard Labour; in this, Plenty and Satiety, Pleasure and Ease, Liberty and Power; and who would not balance Creditor on this Side, when all the Hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sower Look or two at choaking. No, a merry Life and a short one shall be my Motto.

- Bartholomew Roberts
>>
File: Celebes Sea Pirates.jpg (31KB, 550x419px) Image search: [Google]
Celebes Sea Pirates.jpg
31KB, 550x419px
>>2484410
>>2484410
You could go to Southeast Asia, become a causal Muslim, and sail with your newfound scallywags following Luxury cruise liners and kidnapping the odd white girl/boy.
>>
File: Good-grief.gif (923KB, 495x459px) Image search: [Google]
Good-grief.gif
923KB, 495x459px
>>2484410
mfw OPs reference to pirate culture comes from Disney
>>
>>2484523
What ethnicity were most pirates?
>>
>you will never steal a ship of the line replica and go to Somalia to show them how piracy really works
>>
>>2484832
In the Caribbean? Mostly English, French and Dutch.
>>
>>2484410
1.They were very far from being anarchists
2.You would be dead within 10 years
>>
>>2484425
>Submarine and U-Boat crews
Aren't a submarine and u-boat the same thing?
>>
>>2485412
It was literally an AnCap dream, except no NAP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.