[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened here around 200 CE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What happened here around 200 CE?
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>CE
>>
Druids dancing around rocks, men who wear skirts fucking sheep, and people living in poverty under whatever feudal lord happened to rule over them at the time.
>>
>>2484368
Read the vindolanda tablets

>>2484390
>any of this shit
>happening in Roman Britian
>>
>>2484407

It did. As well as Ireland and everything above the Hadrian (?) wall. Besides the fact that Britain was on the very outskirts of Roman rule. They did their own shit and nobody cared.
>>
>>2484426
>and everything above the Hadrian (?) wall.
Archeological evidence reveals no difference south and north of Hadrian's wall

>Besides the fact that Britain was on the very outskirts of Roman rule. They did their own shit and nobody cared
Not true, not at all. Why do people like you who don't now shit about Roman History try and lecture others about something they know nothing about other than memes they here in passing?

Do you know the oldest female handwriting in the Planet was found in Roman Britain? Did you know it was the most heavily militarized area in the entire Empire, more so than the Rhine? Did you know it was an incredibly important Provence for natural resources and mining? No you don't. So why the fuck are you telling people no one cared about it and it was the outskirts of Roman rule? Why are you telling people that Druids were still around when they were long dead? Why are you telling people they were kilts when they actually wore pants?
>>
Agricola: "Step by step they were led to things which dispose to vice, the lounge, the bath, the elegant banquet. All this in their ignorance they called civilization, when it was but a part of their servitude."

They also adopted the Roman toga and tried hard to master the Latin language because they loved it so much.
>>
Can anyone tell me specifically how the Picts lived during this time? How were they organized? What was their relationship with the Romans?
>>
>>2484466

Because it sounds like you are hyping up shit pretty heavily. It was basically the Roman version of the wild west. In the wild west you could also say it was vital for farming and resources, but I wouldn't call it a built up and important region politically or territorially (early on anyway given they had to force people west with promises of money and free land).

Same with Rome. Nobody said Rome had no presence there, but to pretend Britain was under some iron fisted rule when it was the hinterlands and far from Roman rule is a little much. Especially given Rome had the Germans running around like savages and starting up some new raids every other week and had to deal with them due to their closer proximity, as well as their eastern and southern borders. Rome wasn't exactly rushing over there and they didn't even bother trying to claim the whole island or Ireland. Because it was just a lawless waste only militarized for resource gathering. As long as those resources got to Rome, nobody gave a shit what went on over there.
>>
>>2484502
At one point Rome had conquered the entire Island but only shortly, they abandoned the far northern areas. Picts were probably raiding a lot of the Southern island in small bands and that's why Hadrian's Wall was set up. It allowed the Roman's to tax people traveling in and out and control the movement of people. We have a lot of texts describing the life of soldiers and others by the wall.

The Roman's didnt seem to have the best knowledge of them. Soldiers on the border just refereed to them as Brittunculi(which is a derogatory term for a briton) and Tacitus believed the Caledonians were Germans(Probably just based off of how they looked) even though there wasnt any real cultural difference between the Britons in the north and south of the island at the time.
>>
>>2484536
>Because it sounds like you are hyping up shit pretty heavily.
What? Get lost you fucking loser. I didnt say a word about the topic at first, I just called you out on your BS and making random shit up. Your defense is that you were trying to downplay people hyping it up? No one had said shit and you didnt even post anything that was factual.

Now answer my fucking question: Why were you making shit up about a topic you know nothing about? Why are you for some reason still trying to defend it? You havent stated any facts so far just memes and generalities that arent even true. You should stop posting here and listen more.

All I did was state a few facts btw. You haven't mentioned one so far, just speaking in memes and making up shit.
>>
File: 1488519266168.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488519266168.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>2484368
>200 CE
>CE

Cill Eurself
>>
>What happened here around 200 CE?
Romans banging briton pussy.
>>
>>2484383
Eat a bullet
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.