[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the ideal form of the order plato should be read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: MQzBhLV.jpg (43KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
MQzBhLV.jpg
43KB, 540x960px
what is the ideal form of the order plato should be read?
>>
When reading Plato you have a veritable platter of plating options. Plato, like plates, can be placed on a plateau of interest to pick from. The plethora of Plato's main points is to be understood only by the platitudes to which a person subscribes. Choose wisely from the placards placed before you. The placement of Platonic planning is most pleasant. Please enjoy you reading of Plato.
>>
Any order you want. For the most part they're standalone things.
>>
>>2484259
should i read anything before timaeus?
i recently finished the republic
>>
>>2484270

As I said, read them in any order you want. It does not matter at all. They are individual things. As long as you understand the content of what you're reading it isn't a big deal.
>>
This is how we did it in my philosophy course
Euthyphro -> Apology -> Symposium -> Phaedo -> Republic
>>
>>2484066
I thought that the Encyclopedia Britannica's Great Book series has an ideal order to it, whether or not its translations are the best. It's the standard tripartite division of the dialogues based upon when they were thought to have been written.

I think anyone starting with anything like The Republic without having read all or most of his earlier dialogues will miss out on a lot as one is still getting used to both the dialogue method, and the ideas that Socrates holds to
>>
It should actually be Plato holding up a book with Socrates' face and name on it with Plato endorsing the fuck out of it and funding the book.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.