[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the most upvoted philosopher ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: reddit cuck.jpg (21KB, 402x350px) Image search: [Google]
reddit cuck.jpg
21KB, 402x350px
Is he the most upvoted philosopher ever?
>>
Hahahahahaha because REDDIT amirite guys??? 4chan forever!!!!!!
>>
>>2480633
t. butthurt redditard
>>
File: Nietzsche1882.jpg (329KB, 1274x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche1882.jpg
329KB, 1274x1700px
Is the philosopher with the most ever (you)s?
>>
>>2480643
Marx
>>
>>2480600
He is popular as an essayist, not because of a few papers in philosophy.
>>
>>2480600
>>2480639
lol, it's funny because people who like maths and logic are reddit lol.
>>
>>2480651
Bahahaha faggot
>>
>>2480600
>Is he the most upvoted philosopher ever?

Barely rates really. He was a continuation of the British monarchical supporting oligarchy in its efforts to attack Roman Catholicism which in the context o the key political issue for the British oligarchy was the continual enslavement and confiscation of property and individual liberty of Roman Catholics in Scotland and Ireland .

It was only a short step from the Protestantism of Henry the 8th, a fig leaf for the adoption of all power and control by a single ruler to a secularism where the state arbitrarily dictates what is 'right' or 'wrong' based on the material incentives of the oligarchy. Russel provided a manifesto for this and an breathed a new rationale into attacks on the post colonial Irish.

His philosophy (it barely deserves the title) is at best a restatement of the work of JS Mill and at worst a post anglican diatribe against their traditional enemies the Roman Catholic population of Ireland and Britain. It is unlikley that if his ideas had not been so convenient to the British oligarchy in transitioning from a totalitarian sectarian state (which had ceased to believe in its anglican 'king as a Gods divine intermediary' to a secular state with oligarch technocrat as arbiter of morals you would ever have heard of him beyond his work on mathematics
>>
File: carl_jung-glasses.jpg (142KB, 756x1084px) Image search: [Google]
carl_jung-glasses.jpg
142KB, 756x1084px
>>2480600
>>
File: stthomasaquinas.jpg (29KB, 171x268px) Image search: [Google]
stthomasaquinas.jpg
29KB, 171x268px
>>2480600
St. Thomas Aquinas

The most important philosopher that has ever lived.
>>
> he will NEVER be discussed for who he was, but because he knew Wittgenstein

KEKED
>>
>>2480755
I thought I knew who the guy in OP was but I'm confused now.
>>
>>2480600

Loved My Favorite Martian.
>>
File: IMG_0827.jpg (38KB, 620x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0827.jpg
38KB, 620x397px
"yet on the whole, relative to his capacities, he was a failure. He petered out. He squandered his time and energy, and even his money, on unworthy objects."
And this is from the dude who singlehandedly supported Russell at one point.
>>
File: Positivist.png (443KB, 521x512px) Image search: [Google]
Positivist.png
443KB, 521x512px
>>2480600
You mean a man dedicated to promoting a philosophy which entire purpose is to allow its followers the freedom to fuck underage animals?
>>
>>2480639
Site wars are dumb. As is only limiting yourself to one site.
>>
>>2482516
As someone who pretty much only stays on 4chan and hates every other website, most of these site wars threads are started by people who came from there or use both. Just because I called gaia retarded back in the day doesn't mean I had an intricate knowledge of gaia, like these anti-redditor posters seem to have of reddit.
>>
>>2482516
Nobody can tell you what to do, but if you drag shit from other sites back here expect to get called out on it. Similarly I hope you don't spread 4chan's shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.