[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we write the wikipedia page for the religion of nu-atheism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Sam_Harris_2016.jpg (55KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Harris_2016.jpg
55KB, 1024x684px
To start off I will point out a religion is simply a collection of beliefs, culture, and morals that create a world view.

Nu-atheism is a nu-religion that sprang up in the past 10 years. We will now attempt to define nu-atheism fairly but also without giving it more credit than it is due and without being satirical but in fact serious.
Here is what I have so far; Post ideas and I will compile it and edit a page.
>>
Primary beliefs:
-logical positivism
-no gods

Major figures:
-Richard Dawkins
-Bill Nye (Science Guy)
-Sam Harris
-Christopher Hitchens

Eschatology
Unless a strict set of rules regarding consumption and clean energy are followed strictly the world will heat up and become a hellish uninhabitable wasteland within our lifetimes. This event is always a few years away since this religion appeared in the 1970s.
>>
Notable Moral Semantics:
-libertine principles are encouraged and followed
-homosexuality is actively promoted and adherents to this religion actively seek to have the government give homosexuals special privelage and protected status
-Promiscuity is a virtue
-Drugs and alcohol are considered harmless and enhance ones understanding of the world
-Although fitness is a concern most adherents tend to be overweight
-Promoscuity is considered a virtue however adherents typically do not have children leading to a global decline in their numbers
>>
Relation to other religions:
-Christianity: Extremely hostile, nu-atheists use government and media as means of attacking Christianity at every opportunitity seeking to convert Christians to the nu-atheist religion.
Islam: Some nu-atheists feel that muslims must be converted to nu-atheism yet others consider islam to be peaceful and to be encouraged despite Islam's seemingly incompatible views on homosexuality and nu-atheism itself
-Buddhism: most nu-atheists consider buddhism to be 'pretty cool' and a large percentage of would even say they practice buddhism, despite buddhism's many dieties and ideological incompatibility with positivism.
Judaism: Nu-atheists hold Jews in high regard and many nu-atheist leaders are in fact Jewish: Bill Maher, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennet, etc. Nu-atheists look to these Jewish figures for spiritual guidance and moral counciling via weekely television broadcasts that mix humor and moral instruction.
>>
>& Humanities!
>>
>>2478566
before mods delete this thread

religious studies is a humanity and almost every major university has a religious studies department which focuses on studying religion from a neutral non-practicing perspective. This will be one of the first studies of nu-atheism
>>
Bumo
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.