[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italian Colonial Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: Italian-Colonies2.png (57KB, 603x582px) Image search: [Google]
Italian-Colonies2.png
57KB, 603x582px
What was it like?
How was Italy as a colonial power and how did it manage it colonies?
>>
>>2478497

Let me put it this way. Perhaps the most significant factor in how the North African campaign of WW2 went down was that there were 0 kilometers of railroad track in Libya. Not a one. It meant that it was extremely difficult to move armies of any size around there, because the supplies that they depended on had to be brought up by camel or motor vehicle, neither of which was easy to do.

Everyone else managed to get railroads in their colonies. Egypt had them. Tunisia and Morrocco had them. But the Italians couldn't get them in theirs, because Italy was as shit at colonial administration as they were about everything else.
>>
lt was expensive and pointless. Instead of developing poorer parts of Italy like the South, Italian governments threw a good chunk of cash trying to settle poor Italian colonists to Africa, but pretty much no one wanted to live there. Italians did urbanize Libya a bit. lots of new stuff was built during their rule, but it was basically for nothing,

Italian colonists were settled in relatively larger numbers only in Eritrea. Today a handful of Italo-Eritreans exists, but most returned to Italy.
>>
File: Mogadishu1936.jpg (54KB, 565x367px) Image search: [Google]
Mogadishu1936.jpg
54KB, 565x367px
It was okay, but they didn't have enough resources to properly develop their own country so no way they could have done much about african colonies.

Still, italian colonial buildings are nice and are still around as the best areas in somalia, which is africa tier by africa standards
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.