[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First World War Info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: QZtRpZH.jpg (40KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
QZtRpZH.jpg
40KB, 600x633px
I'm very interested in WW1, I enjoy how much of a clusterfuck of pretty much everyone being in the wrong it was as well as what it led to for society.

The problem however is that I'm a filthy brit and only ever got the information for the war about the European side of the war, and only the British side at that, then we just sort of lamented about how terrible it was for 4 months and read poetry.

My question is: what would you all recommend would be a good place to start finding out info about it, different viewpoints of the war (Russia, Greece, whatever Spain was doing), what other area's were involved in war besides Europe and what sort of things it led to for each country involved.
>>
>>2476850
www,google.com
>>
>>2476850

Read Gary Sheffield's "Forgotten Victory."

Then look at the bibliography and mine it.
>>
David Stevenson's 1914 -1918 - History of the First World War is pretty awesome and very complete
>>
>>2476850
what a fucking cuck
>>
>>2476850
>of pretty much everyone being in the wrong

This kills the thread.
>>
File: $_58[1].jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
$_58[1].jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>2476850
>a clusterfuck of pretty much everyone being in the wrong
revisionism. there weren't a lot of countries who were in the right per say, but there definitely were those who were more in the wrong than others.

anyways, for a good read on how europe fell into it, read pic related. an extremely dense read though, you'll need to have read at least 2 or 3 other books on the subject and have a pretty good grip on late 19th century and early 20th century history and politics. author assumes you know a lot.
>>
>>2476850
Dan Carlin's Blueprint for Armageddon podcast is essential and best if you can't commit to reading.

Despite his ardent (and stupid) boner for republicanism he is an excellent storyteller and he is at least not too-proud to admit when an artisto or royal does an objective good job (despite his insistence that their presence is a drain to world society as a whole).

Please forgive me if that seems like I'm focusing on the wrong thing, I'm a bitter monarchist
>>
The Great War channel on YouTube is the best source.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGreatWar
>>
>>2477826
/thread
>>
>>2477826
This is good if you want a summary on what happened every week. Its not too basic and not too overwhelming. Not only that, every single source Indy uses are stated in each episode. Highly recommend.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.