[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White men can't figh...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cerami
>>
Based Normans.
>>
Why were the Normans so fucking based /his/?
They're Vikings on steroids but in a good way.
>>
>>2476437
Meh, beating the shit out of what is basically Italians isn't that impressive.
>>
>>2476471
Norse badassness with Frankish intelligence/culture
>>
>>2476485

>Meh, beating the shit out of what is basically Italians isn't that impressive.

Actually, the army was an alliance of North African Muslim rulers that came to help the Muslims in Sicily.

>>2476471
>Why were the Normans so fucking based /his/?

The chronicler Geoffrey Malaterra wrote about the Norman culture:

«..distinguised particularly in mischief(violence), scorn their heritage with the hope of acquiring a bigger fortune, they are eager for profit and honor... Their leaders are particularly generous thanks to their desire for fame. It is also a race skillful in flattery, absorbed in the study of eloquence, so that even the boys are skillful speakers, a race untamed except and if it is held by the yoke of justice. They endure the fatigue, hunger and cold, whenever fate throws it upon them. Are absorbed with the hunting and falconry, and they particularly like horses and all the trappings(ways) of War…»
>>
File: Roman_Italy.gif (72KB, 846x978px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Italy.gif
72KB, 846x978px
>>2476485
>Sicilians
>Italian
>Moors
>Italian

kys
>>
>>2476594
Normans confirmed for master race
>>
>>2476615
>>2476594
Massive losses against a much smaller force sounds like Italians to me
>>
>>2476632
So the Normans that became Italians later aren't Italian but the Sicilian Moors that did back then were?
>>
>>2476642
yes
>>
>>2476594
>believing the guy writing for the Norman masters

wew lad
>>
>>2476642
The Moors became Italian over time, which is why they lost, while the Normans were still Norman at the time.
>>
File: Zirides.png (183KB, 1280x689px) Image search: [Google]
Zirides.png
183KB, 1280x689px
>>2476666

You do not believe the Zirids could raise thousands of men for a Jihad?
>>
>>2476718
The Zirids by 1060 had been reduced to a strip of coastline in Tunisia, with a variety of Berber and Beduoin tribes taking power for themselves throughout North Africa. If the Zirids had tens of thousands of men to spare for a campaign in Sicily, they could have surely used them to take Kairouan back from the Banu Hilal.
>>
>>2476751

Perhaps they were focused on Sicily rather than some bumfuck city in scorched earth medieval warm period Tunis?
>>
>>2476687
Sicilians are not Italian though.
>>
>>2476785
Why? Sicily wasn't even theirs, but Kalbid territory, and Kairouan was literally the capital city of the region for centuries.
>>
>>2476632
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am posting this on /int/ as bait and see what's gonna happen
>>
File: 1475509838101.jpg (396KB, 1570x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1475509838101.jpg
396KB, 1570x1536px
>>2476437
>300 vs 53000
These numbers are incredibly realistic.
>>
NORMANS GET OUT OF MY BOARD.

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: nice references.png (95KB, 1162x942px) Image search: [Google]
nice references.png
95KB, 1162x942px
I like how ever since some random guy without any sources started editing en masse the casualties on the other side have ballooned from a few hundred, to thousands, and now tens of thousands.

Amazing stuff.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.