[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made him so dominant over other generals of his era?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Standing.jpg (47KB, 306x437px) Image search: [Google]
Standing.jpg
47KB, 306x437px
What made him so dominant over other generals of his era?
>>
Height
>>
>>2476244
He wasn't
>>
File: wellingfail.png (657KB, 1288x742px) Image search: [Google]
wellingfail.png
657KB, 1288x742px
>>2476272
>Wellingshit
>great general
>>
>>2476272
>Wellesley meme

Even he said when Napoleon ded that he was now the greatest general alive.
>>
>>2476279
Maybe that Michel Ney guy was pretty good?
>>
>>2476279
And then won the last battle, that's the perfect English general
>>
>>2476279
>Wellington
>lost to france
>not even from napoleon

How JUST was he?
>>
>>2476279
>won every single campaign
>ultimately sealed total victory over Napoleon
>gentlemanly and fair
>tall
>>
>>2476285
doesn't that make Michel Ney, who wasn't the best of Napoleons marshalls, better than Wellington = Wellington is nowhere comparable to Napoleon
>>
>>2476244
Superb understanding of artillery.

>>2476272
Ney beat the dog shit out of him and he can thank the Prussians for Waterloo.
>>
File: Ney-at-Kowno.jpg (345KB, 1620x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ney-at-Kowno.jpg
345KB, 1620x1280px
>>2476285
He was one of the bravest generals of the era (even lead bayonet charges himself) but he wasn't very good strategically
Yet, Wellington still managed to lose to him
>>
>>2476301
>>2476302
>>2476304
>doesnt change the fact that Nappy still lost to Wellington
>>
When Napoleon was defeated, dethroned, and exiled for the second time in the summer of 1815, Ney was arrested on 3 August 1815. After a court-martial decided in November that it did not have jurisdiction, he was tried on 4 December 1815 for treason by the Chamber of Peers. In order to save Ney's life, his lawyer Dupin declared that Ney was now Prussian and could not be judged by a French court for treason as Ney's hometown of Sarrelouis had been annexed by Prussia according to the Treaty of Paris of 1815. Ney ruined his lawyer's effort by interrupting him and stating: "I am French and I will remain French".[16] On 6 December 1815, he was condemned, and on 7 December 1815 he was executed by firing squad in Paris near the Luxembourg Garden. He refused to wear a blindfold and was allowed the right to give the order to fire, reportedly saying:

Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last to you. I protest against my condemnation. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her ... Soldiers, fire![17]

Ney's execution deeply divided the French public. It was an example intended for Napoleon's other marshals and generals,[citation needed] many of whom were eventually exonerated by the Bourbon monarchy. Ney is buried in Paris at Père Lachaise Cemetery.
>>
>>2476317
Wasn't it raining when Napolechad lead his attack in waterloo? Thus, hampering the battle to welly's favor?
>>
>>2476330
Based Ney to the bitter end.
>>
>>2476317
>People work like power levels where winning a single battle makes them greater in all aspects

Technically superior people lose all the time. Every dog has his day and what not. That doesn't change the fact that Napoleon was clearly a better tactician than Wellesely, who wasn't even better than Ney.
>>
>>2476317
every single general in the world lost a battle at some point be he how good he may. The odds were against Napoleon during the 100 day campaign and him losing in Waterloo wasn't really a big surprise
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.