[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would Europe be like today if the Marshall Plan never happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1459617173032.jpg (566KB, 804x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1459617173032.jpg
566KB, 804x1098px
What would Europe be like today if the Marshall Plan never happened?
>>
>>2475081
Eastern europe?
>>
communist
>>
>>2475081
Western Europe would probably be on similar levels of development to a relatively decent Eastern European country like Slovenia or the Czech Republic.
>>
>>2475081
Finland didn't wasn't part of the Marshall Plan, and they're doing well, very well.
>>
>>2475081
The marshall plan was a meme, it changed nothing
>>
>>2475081

All of europe would be a shithole along the lines of eastern europe
>>
>>2475369
>>2475092
No. The lack of Marshall plan is only a very small reason why Eastern European countries are shitholes, the main reason is communist command system raping their economies for 50 years straight.
>>
>>2475081
red
>>
>>2475092
I thought the Czech Republic was fairly well off all things considered?
>>
>>2476009
It is, that's my point. Europe would be alright without the Marshall plan but maybe not as good as it is now.
>>
>>2475081
Relatively similar. It really wasn't that significant.

But, West Germany? A significant effect.
>>
>>2475081
Depends. We can only assume that the slower economic development would have caused tension among NATO countries, thus weakening the alliance and giving the USSR more legitimacy.
>>
File: Ludwig_Erhard_916-1330.jpg (91KB, 610x927px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig_Erhard_916-1330.jpg
91KB, 610x927px
>>2475081
It wouldn't actually look that bad. Marshall Plan just kind of shoved a bunch of stuff in there, but West Germany was already adopting reforms that did away with a slew of price controls and wild currency policies (without the occupiers permission, mind you) that made it an absolute economic powerhouse able to rebuild quickly and withstand an influx of refugees from eastern Germany. The dude is probably the number one reason why west Germany ever go wealthy enough to actually support a welfare state for so long.
>>
European states were still very stable and had very good and functional government.

Massive difference between throwing money at France were regardless of whether it got it would do well and throwing it at Afghanistan or the Democratic Republic of Congo where it barely has a stable state and civil society (that is a society considered as a community of citizens linked by common interests and collective activity).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.