[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese / Japanese History Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Discuss Chinese and Japanese history here

QOTD: Who are your favorite lesser known figures of Chinese and Japanese history?
>>
File: 1487193416594.jpg (61KB, 417x421px) Image search: [Google]
1487193416594.jpg
61KB, 417x421px
>>2474408
Is there any relation between nuclear radiation after WW2 and anime?
>>
>>2474408
xiangyu
>>
>>2475018
No.
Anime is based on the western (specifically Disney) cartoons of the 50's.
It's very interesting to see how it has evolved compared to western animation that has gone a much stylized way.
>>
File: 800px-Takeda_Shingen.jpg (409KB, 800x1180px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Takeda_Shingen.jpg
409KB, 800x1180px
I could probably pick a more obscure figure but I've always liked Takeda Shingen.

>his clan has my favorite emblem, based on the furinkazan from the art of war
>pretty sure he was the only warlord nobunaga thought was the closest to being a worthy opponent
>>
>>2476402
Him and based Kenshin Uesigi as well.

>In addition, there was an incident when the Hōjō boycotted salt supplies to Kai Province. When Kenshin heard of Shingen's problem he sent salt to the Shingen from his own province. Kenshin commented that the Hōjō had "performed a very mean act". Kenshin added, "I do not fight with salt, but with the sword". [10 [20]His respect for Shingen is evident from when he died Kenshin privately wept and stated, "I have lost my good rival. We won't have a hero like that again!"
>>
>>2476444
based, why can't we have leaders like this anymore?
>>
Date Masamune was hardcore
>>
>>2476444
>>2476402
>InKōyō Gunkanthere is one of the most famous instances of single combat in samurai history; during this battle, Kenshin managed to ride up to Shingen and slashed at him with his sword. Shingen fended off the blows with his iron war fan ortessen. Kenshin failed to finish Shingen off before a Takeda retainer drove him away. Shingen made a counter-attack and the Uesugi army retreated
>>
Why only Chinese and Japanese? Koreans and Mongols or Viets aren't interesting?
>>
>>2477049

>Koreans and Mongols or Viets aren't interesting?

nope
>>
>>2477058
t. white boi who got into East Asian history because of JAV
>>
>>2477049

Mongols are in itself a history topic better left alone.

Viets are pretty boring to be fair. Unless you talking post ww2 significance.

Korea is pretty fucking cool but no one has any interest or knowledge of the two nations unless its post WW2.
>>
File: Bokuden Normal.jpg (35KB, 320x404px) Image search: [Google]
Bokuden Normal.jpg
35KB, 320x404px
>>2474408
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukahara_Bokuden

>Tsukahara Bokuden (塚原 卜伝?, 1489 – March 6, 1571) was a famous swordsman of the early Sengoku period. He was widely regarded as a kensei (sword saint). He was the founder of a new Kashima style of fencing, and served as an instructor of Shogun Ashikaga Yoshiteru and Ise provincial governor daimyō Kitabatake Tomonori.[1]

>saint Tsukahara fought his first duel to the death at the age of 17 and won. Then, he duelled again 19 times and fought in 37 battles. He was wounded 6 times in total, but only by arrows. In total, his death toll seems to have reached 212
>>
>>2477049
>>2477856
to be fair, China and Japan could been their own topic respectively as well

Mongols is a pretty big topic and there's already a topic dedicated to that. Don't know what to discuss about Vietnam other than the Vietnam War.
>>
Who /Zhang Liao/ here?
>>
File: Nguyen Hue's War Galley.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nguyen Hue's War Galley.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>>2477856
Other way around

Korea is boring as fuck.
Vietnam is pretty fucking cool because following their independence from China in the 1000s, they started copying their Chinese masters to the t: having an emperor, expanding southwards, ONE OF THE LAST PEOPLE TO IMPLEMENT CAO CAO'S TUNTIAN LAND REFORM SYSTEM, repelled Mongols, and fought with Cambos to steal their land.

Then there was that episode of Spain's attempt to conquer Cambodia via sending pet Filipino warriors under the command of Governor Dasmarinas, which Vietnam cockblocked.

Post WWII Vietnamese history is boring as shit because its basically Americans whining about Vietnam War.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.