[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sino-Vietnamese War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: china-vietnam.jpg (50KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
china-vietnam.jpg
50KB, 400x320px
Who won it? (Chinese opinions will be discarded.)

It's generally accepted that Vietnam won it, but a bunch of Chinese kids on Wikipedia keep changing it.

So who actually won it?
>>
>>2472654
Well China is now sitting on the Paracels so it would seem to me like they got the better end of it.
>>
>>2472654
Strategic Chinese victory.

China displayed to Vietnam and the region that the Soviet Union would not be able to protect them.
>>
>>2472661
Wasn't China's primary goal to get Vietnam out of Cambodia? That failed, didn't it?
>>
>>2472669
How is that a strategic victory? Chinese logic is mind-boggling desu
>>
UserDe (aka NooneLovesU and your dozen sockpuppets), i know you're reading this. Go fuck yourself. In fact, kill yourself. So dishonest and petty. Look in the mirror and weep.
>>
Given that China invaded directly in response to Vietnam invading Cambodia, and continued a border war with Vietnam over the next ten years while also rendering aid to Khmer Rouge insurgents, it would appear that their objective was to maintain their influence in Cambodia and kick the Vietnamese out.

This failed. So the Chinese lost, in the same way the Americans lost.
>>
>>2472654
Given the Chinese goal of the war was to force Vietnam to end its occupation of Cambodia and recognize the Khmer Rouge as the legitimate government, China failed to force Vietnam to withdraw its forces. In fact, little to none of the occupying forces in Cambodia were redeployed to defend the northern border. So China failed in its overall objective.

What they declared though was that they could advance into Vietnam if they really wanted to and the Soviets wouldn't respond, but the casualties mounted so quickly that China didn't pursue further advances into Vietnam because of the extremely violent resistance they encountered.

in terms of tactics, the Chinese did break the first Vietnamese defensive positions and proved that the USSR wouldn't go to war for them, but in overall strategy to reinstall the Khmer Rouge, they failed.

so in Wikipedia terms, Tactical Chinese victory, Strategic Vietnamese victory.
>>
>>2472914
/thread
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.