[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the Song Dynasty fortify the Great Wall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Map_of_the_Great_Wall_of_China.jpg (2MB, 2652x2133px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_the_Great_Wall_of_China.jpg
2MB, 2652x2133px
Why didn't the Song Dynasty fortify the Great Wall?
>>
>>2472323
They werent believers in walls
>>
It was cheaper to pay off the steppeniggers to not raid them
>>
>>2472337
>spend lots of years, workforce and money to build a huge wall
>lmao ain't using that shit better pay those steppe fags

Fucking why.
>>
because the steppe niggers could just ride around them
>>
>>2472357
The wall is there to control trade, civilian population flow, and as a place to put garrisons.

It isn't going to help you much against an enemy army.
>>
>>2472323
>Liao and Jin added to the wall
How ironic
>>
It would have been a waste because all of the barbarians eventually came from the sea. Rule, Brittania!
>>
>>2473193
>boatniggers starts a war because they couldn't afford tea
>>
>>2472323
To keep the mongols at bay.
>>
I don't think the southern Song were even touching the wall during the Happening.
>>
>>2473219
I was more referring to the Northern Song, who did have steppe troubles too.
>>
>>2472371
Chinese cultural influence was STRONK
>>
>>2473203
if only the Chinese knew how great a threat they would be
>>
>>2472323

Lmao what's the point of the most northern wall?

Who lives there ? Eskimos?
>>
>>2474935
Ask the Liao, they're the ones that built it (despite being one the steppeniggers the Han built the wall to keep out).
>>
>>2474971
>despite being one the steppeniggers the Han built the wall to keep out
Khitans have nothing to do with the Xiongnu.
>>
>>2474971

>Liao: We should build a northern wall to protect ourselves from the mighty reindeer riding "Eskimo" or else they will conquer us and found the "Fish Dynasty"!!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.