[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Esau the Jew Vs. Esau the Roman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What does /his/ think holds more weight? Does Esau represent the Romans and Edom Rome or does he represent Jewry?
>>
>>2471958
Esau represents Edom, which is neither Jewry nor Rome, but another Semitic group that now no longer has any real presence.
>>
>>2471958
He definitely doesn't represent Jews, Jacob was Jewish as fuck in that story.
>>
>>2471965
this. what the fuck was OP thinking?
>>
>>2471958
The story of Esau was written centuries before Rome was a thing.
>>
>>2471965
>>2471974
>>2471986
>>2472011
Being this historically illiterate. Jews have always viewed the story of Jacob and Esau as being allegorical of the relationship between Jews and the Roman pagans. Whereas Christians viewed the story as being representative of the relationship between Jews and Christians.

"The Lord said to [Rebekah],

Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”

Christians take this to mean that Jews, the older of the two, will serve the Christians, who are more powerful. Jews take it to mean that the Romans will serve the Jews, who they think will become more powerful.
>>
>>2472083
>Jews have always viewed the story of Jacob and Esau as being allegorical of the relationship between Jews and the Roman pagans.
Are you confusing Romans with Edomites dumbass?
>>
>>2472083

Yeah, I'm sure they viewed it that way in the centuries between the stuff being written and them running into Romans, instead of, I dunno, being about their immediate neighbors to the southeast that they never seemed to get along with.
>>
>>2472104
Nope, Jews for centuries thought that Edom represented Rome.

>>2472113
I should note that the majority of this debate occurred in the Roman and then Medieval and period.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.