[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Great Leap Forward.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Mao-s-Egg-Cook-Book--57637.jpg (146KB, 800x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Mao-s-Egg-Cook-Book--57637.jpg
146KB, 800x1076px
Redpill me on the Great Leap Forward.
>>
>>2471223
neat little trick to increase GDP per capita
make it so your population is dying faster than your GDP is falling
>>
>>2471405
I really, really liked this post.
>>
>>2471408
why
>>
It was an intentional effort to cripple the economy and make people starving and desperate to prevent an uprising.
>>
>>2471468
>make people starving and desperate to prevent an uprising
Well that's counterintuitive.
>>
>>2471223

more like the Great Leap Backwards AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH lmao :^)
>>
Basically an attempt by Mao to consolidate power and removed suspected contrarians from within the CCP by labeling them as "Rightists". Worked pretty well and it basically ended up as a civil war with students fighting the PLA. Mao, however, was untouchable and the Army was powerless to stop him.
>>
>>2471223
It was a hell of a step back.
>>
>>2471223
If I ever took charge of a country and wanted to make sure I kept myself at the forefront of power while making sure the rest of the country suffered harshly but still have nationalistic pride, I'd follow his plan.
>>
>>2472849
Why would you want your country to suffer?

I don't think Mao was a sadist. Just a retard that wanted to make his country great again. And keep his power.
>>
best implementation of central planning as a weight loss program. Their ideas were dumber than Lysenkoism and that's saying something.
>>
>>2471223
Showed what happens when you let intellectuals with no practical experience dictate agricultural policy and threaten to shoot anyone who disagrees.

>Lets plow everything two feet deep, think of all the virgin soil underneath, crops will flourish!
>Brilliant!

Meanwhile none of them ever plowed a field, or bothered to dig a hole and see below the topsoil was rock, sand, and clay. So when they buried the topsoil two feet down and replaced it with shit amazingly crops did not do very well.
>>
>>2473301
>Mao or any of the CCP
>Intellectuals

Don't talk about things you have very little knowledge about.
>>
>>2473311
>There were no communist intellectuals

There are a lot of French people who would like a word with you.
>>
>>2473319
Are you incapable of basic reading comprehension? I said that none of the CCP leaders at the time of the Cultural Revolution were intellectuals, you imbecile. I never said Communists couldn't be intellectuals and what French are you speaking about?
>>
>>2473332
>they weren't intellectuals
>they were just implementing the ideas of intellectuals

What a stupid point to argue.
>>
Let me tell you joke OP.

>What do you call 60 million dead Chinese?
A Great Leap Forward
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.