[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, aka The Phenomenology of Spirit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: anahori hegel da.jpg (422KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anahori hegel da.jpg
422KB, 1280x720px
When i was studying Hegel on my college, i had noticed something weird, but pretty accurate:
Has anyone noticed that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is some short of a The Phenomenology of Spirit allegory?

Try to compare the first part of TTGL with the first part of hegel's book (Self-Consciousness) and the 2nd part of TTGL with the 2nd part of PS.

You will notice that not only Hegel, but there's also Marx and Lukacs references when the Lordgenome's police shows up and they are a bunch of bestialized beings. When the plots advance and we discovered that the anti-spirals were another spiral race, this reffers to Lukac's thesis (on marx) about the degeneration of bourgeois consciousness, movement that happens with the worldwide death of bourgeois modern project and illuminist ideals, marked by 1848, when the bourgeoisie leaves the stats of a revolutionary class to a reactionary class, killing the spirit of french revolution and starting an era of repression to the new emergent class: the proletariat.

Furthermore, according to Hegel, the human history do not moves into a straight line, but into some kinda of spiral movement. This is at the introdution of The Phenomenology of Spirit. This also occurs at TTGL timeline, history and characters progression. The "spiral energy" is a clear way that shows how the creators of TTGL were influenced by hegel's thoughts. This happens not only at Gurren Lagann, but also on Kill la Kill at its beginning, when Satsuki is speaching and says that "Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!": when hegel is on the Reson, he argue that the reason make everything explainable so you can justify everything, even the worst estate's crimes. This is also another clear reference to the dialetic moviment.

I was writing an article about this subject, but it become so fucking long that i dropped. What do you think about this? Would you like to see the rest?
>>
See, for a quickstart, at this analogy, you have to understant that there are two Consciousness at The Phenomenology of Spirty, one that is watching another one, and this second one is constantly passing through a lot of different processes. Here we have Kamina as the first Consciousness, and Simon as the second one.

Simon's speech on kamina's death is his aufhebung (idk the english word for this, suprassunction) on his brother. Simon here is the new Consciousness, after the aufhebung process on kamina. Both the first and the second Consciousness become some short of a 3rd one, superior but with some elements conserved. This is our Simon now, and it's now possible to move to the second part of TTGL and also to the second part of The Phenomenology of Spirit. There we will find critics against the reason, the Estate and so on.
>>
>>2471144
Evangelion had a Hegel´s feel to it, especially the movie, End of Evangelion on the last scene.
>>
>>2471144
An old homie texted me with saying "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" in the first one and "FMA" in the second one. I think he was trying to tell me that Nietzsche arguments on morality and immorality were a heavy influence on FullMetalAlchemist. Still reading through for my first time, definitely going to have to check this one out next (to solidify in my mind how much anime has impacted my mind).
>>
>>2471144
Yes, God as the ascending spiral, TTGL spiral energy as a metaphor for the indomitability of the human spirit, everything being God blooming. At last you truly see.
>>
>>2471144
Kamina is the Nietzschean Übermensch
>>
>>2471144
Holy shit OP. You need to write that book.

Or at the very least make a youtube essay
>>
>>2471144
wat
>>
File: 1487783427746.gif (2MB, 1294x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1487783427746.gif
2MB, 1294x1338px
I can see why you'd make the comparison as your philosophical education is about as equally extensive as your anime log. were you trying to compare cowboy bebop to descartes a few months ago?
>>
>>2471144
Now add Gunbuster
>>
>>2472389
>dies a virgin
>>
File: 1481153333278.png (400KB, 1904x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1481153333278.png
400KB, 1904x1172px
>>
File: SeeleLogo.jpg (12KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
SeeleLogo.jpg
12KB, 300x239px
SEELE is a Hegelian organization
>>
>person talks about basic concepts of reality and being
>some newfag who just read it, starts seeing it everywhere

Cute.
>>
>>2471144
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCmSb40sV1Y
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.