[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ourguy/ stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Based Sherman.jpg (60KB, 594x722px) Image search: [Google]
Based Sherman.jpg
60KB, 594x722px
Let's tell historical stories for /ourguys/
>Be Sherman
>Be colonel, don't really want much more
>Union army gets ass kicked at Bull Run
>Lincoln is impressed at your job but you kinda feel like you didn't do so well
>pleasedontpromoteme.jpg
>get promoted to General and sent to Tennessee
>Freak out
>contemplate suicide
>have to be sent on leave to get thoughts together
>come back
>BFF Grant is now your commander
>Yes
>Want to do well for your friends and comrades
>everyone thinks your crazy so you don't want to look paranoid by over preparing
>Battle of Shiloh
>o fuk
>Get caught with pants down but rally and retreat in tact
>get back battered and see Grant smoking under a tree
>fuck how do I even tell him we lost?
>"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"
>Grant: "Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow, though."
>Goddamn I love that man
>months are dragging on
>sick of these goddamn grays
>Grant gets called East to be the big dick hunting that reb faggot Lee
>I am the captain now
>Feel like going balls deep into enemy territory
>They think I'm crazy, I'll show these fuckers
>Grant distracting the armies in the East, while I'm breaking their backs in the west
>See how well you fucking hicks fight with no railroads or crops
>I'll take those slaves and farms too hehehe
>Best friend and you literally win the war for your nation
>literally heroes
>Become main General while my boy is Pres
>kill some Injuns
>they're no rebs but still satisfying
>>
>>2468134
been listening to the history on fire podcast recently?
>>
>Timothy Dexter was born in Malden, Massachusetts. He had little schooling and worked as a farm laborer at the age of 8.[1] When he was 16, he became an apprentice to a leather-dresser.[2] In 1769, he moved to Newburyport, Massachusetts. He married Elizabeth Frothingham, a rich widow, and bought a mansion. Some of his social contemporaries considered him unintelligent. Many of them gave him bad business advice to discredit him and make him lose his fortune.

>Because he was largely uneducated, his business sense was considered peculiar. He was inspired to send warming pans (used to heat sheets in the cold New England winters) for sale to the West Indies, a tropical area. His captain sold them as ladles for the local molasses industry and made a good profit.[3] Next, Dexter sent wool mittens to the same place, where Asian merchants bought them for export to Siberia.[1]

>People jokingly told him to "ship coal to Newcastle". He did so during a miners' strike at the time, and his cargo was sold at a premium.[4][5]

>At another time, practical jokers told him he could make money shipping gloves to the South Sea Islands. His ships arrived there in time to sell the gloves to Portuguese boats on their way to China.[4]

>He exported Bibles to the East Indies and stray cats to Caribbean islands and again made a profit; eastern missionaries were in need of the Bibles and the Caribbean welcomed a solution to rat infestation.[1] He also hoarded whalebone by mistake, but ended up selling them profitably as a support material for corsets.[1]
>>
>>2469383
>Members of the New England high society rarely socialized with him. Dexter decided to buy a huge house in Newburyport from Nathaniel Tracy, a local socialite, and tried to emulate them.[1] His relationships with his wife, daughter, and son also suffered. This became evident when he started telling visitors that his wife had died (despite the fact that she was still alive) and that the woman who frequented the building was simply her ghost.[1] In one notable episode, Dexter faked his own death to see how people would react. About 3,000 people attended Dexter's mock wake. Dexter did not see his wife cry, and after he revealed the hoax, he caned her for not grieving enough.[6]

>Dexter also bought an estate in Chester, New Hampshire. He decorated his house in Newburyport with minarets, a golden eagle on the top of the cupola, a mausoleum for himself and a garden of 40 wooden statues of famous men, including George Washington, William Pitt, Napoleon Bonaparte, Thomas Jefferson, and himself. It had the inscription, "I am the first in the East, the first in the West, and the greatest philosopher in the Western World".

Literally the luckiest fuck of all time. /ourguy/ material
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.