[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this was the main cause of colonialism and world exploration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: pepper.jpg (16KB, 220x172px) Image search: [Google]
pepper.jpg
16KB, 220x172px
>this was the main cause of colonialism and world exploration
>>
>>2467664
and tea, coffee, cane sugar, tobacco, cinnamon, etc etc etc
>>
>>2467664
Without fridges keeping food for hard times was almost impossible
>>
>>2467675
No one knew about those before they got to Europe. Desire for pepper, however, sent Columbus and his men westwards to try and find a shorter route to India.
>>
>>2467689
salt, smoke, larders, jerky, fermenting,
>>
File: IMG_0699.gif (14KB, 273x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0699.gif
14KB, 273x275px
Desire for pepper lead to Vasco de Gama seeding the Indian spice trade route around Africa.
>>
>>2467702
Having the same smoked and fermented shit for food for years gets boring eventually. I don't blame rich people for wanting a bit more flavor.
>>
Thought it was Opium.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x688px
The discovery of the Americas revolutionized the world. If Christopher Columbus had not landed upon the shores of the Caribbean Islands back in 1492, then we wouldn't be eating tomatoes, potatoes, corn, chili peppers, beans, amongst many other things.
This dish right here would've never existed.
They were looking for spices, they found some other foods instead.
>>
>>2467664
for the Spanish fanatically spreading their religion and taking the resources, they weren't as interested in colonising part

But yeah, resources and trade mostly. Australia and NZ were settled pretty late and for people to live in because Europe was fukken full.

Also just interest. Why did we send people to the moon?
>>
>>2469467
The Jew soviets faked the space race to make America waste valuable resources on it.
>>
>>2467664
whites vs blacks (i don't want to be banned, bcoz 4chan is turning into sjw shit and starts banning people who say nigger)
>>
>>2467664
Communism
>>
>Hey I wonder what's over there
>>
File: lll.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lll.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>2467664

>White people sail all over the world for spices
>Get literally butt blasted every time they eat spicy food
>>
>>2470000
It wasn't for actual hot food, it was for nutmeg, pepper, cloves, etc.
>>
>>2467717
(Black) Pepper had been imported to Europe since Roman times.

>>2469288
Well duh, obviously the two hemispheres would've found each other eventually. If not Columbus, then some other chump.

Noodles are also Chinese in origin.
>>
>>2470000
nice meme, lad.

Actually, Euros have had horseradish, mustard and various distilled spirits for thousands of years. These are hot and burning. The bigger demand was for cloves, mace, nutmeg, along with pepper. And actually, these ingredients were far more popular as WINE FLAVOURINGS. Think of it more like a preference for cherry coke instead of boring normal coke.
>>
>>2468271
No one gave a shit about opium until brits discovered that chinks were addicted to that shit and got butthurt about chinks being arrogant cunts when it came to trade.
>>
File: 1488489402618.jpg (16KB, 457x303px) Image search: [Google]
1488489402618.jpg
16KB, 457x303px
>>2470000
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.