[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this happen? How accurate is the movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Did this happen?

How accurate is the movie?
>>
>>2465225
The movie isn't even accurate to the Iliad, let alone anything resembling objective history.
>>
The Trojan War happened. The Iliad's depiction is unlikely to have happened. The movie's depiction was nothing like the Iliad unfortunately and so is even further removed from it.

I've actually been to Troy so AMA.
>>
>>2465225
>Did this happen?
Probably in some way
>How accurate is the movie
Regarding the source material: Not very accurate.
Regarding historical accuracy: Difficult to say, since our knowledge of the portrayed events is rudimentary at best.
>>
>>2465225
We don't even know what happened during the Trojan War.
That being said, this was a sick ass movie. I rate this /his/ approved if only to see Achilles kicking ass like the demigod he was. I loved how they portrayed his divine valor in a relatively believable way: superhuman speed, strength relative to size, coordination and reflexes.
>>
>>2465225
The intention behind weaving the Aeneid in was nice, but I genuinely felt offended by the stupid "sword of Rome" shit instead of the housegods.
Also, it's impressive how much I didn't feel a single thing during the scene where he carried his father in the movie, when the painting of the same scene literally made me tear up.
>>
>>2465306
What
>>
>>2465341
At the end of the movie, we see Aeneas fleeing from Troja, and instead of Paris giving him the housegods (small statuettes every Roman household had of the family's gods), he is given some retarded American-viewership-friendly golden Sword of Troy™.
>>
>>2465225

Troy was, what we would call a Fortress or Citadel today, back then though, it was a city.

Everything is dramatized to contemporary standards, so the story stays relevant throughout history.
>>
>>2465225
>not watching the director's cut
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.