[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cultural Catholics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1487045838916.gif (2MB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
1487045838916.gif
2MB, 400x376px
>Cultural Catholics
>>
>>2461906
Someday the only reason people will go to mass is out of some cultural obligation. Christianity will be like shinto, something no one really believes in but is preserved out of tradition
>>
>>2462233
I doubt people in the West will take time out of their Sunday to go to church for tradition.
>>
>>2462233
Eastern Orthodoxy is already for a large part cultural. I can't tell you the number of people in the Balkans who light a candle once or twice a year because "it's the thing to do" but they don't actually follow the religion in any other way
>>
>>2462233
That's exactly how it is now, just look at all of the protestants.
>>
>hate atheists but can't stand cultural christians who don't have meaningful faith in God either
Being the Knight of Faith is hard
>>
File: pope smiles.jpg (48KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
pope smiles.jpg
48KB, 500x353px
>>2462278
On the plus side, God is with us--or rather, we're with him. It's a good feel.
>>
>>2462296
In that case, my God is very angry and very impotent
>>
>>2461906
the bible is pretty full of
>cultural Jew
moments, so hopefully this will pass.
>>
>>2461906
I was guilty of this and multiple persons of my family are too. Maybe my grandma alone is the only one that isn't guilty of that. I will seek her guide now that I've recovered my faith.
>>
>>2462514
Every time that happens in the Old Testament, God comes down out of Heaven and fucks the Jews up. Are we due for a smiting?
>>
>>2462656
isn't it already happening?
he usually used other nations/peoples if I remember right.
>>
>>2462743
Are you saying Trump is an instrument of God?
>>
>>2462233
>>2462278
>>2462296
Catholics aren't Christian
>>
>>2463333
>>
>>2463341
No one is Christian now Paul's messed it all up.
>>
>>2462233
That's how it is now.
>>
>>2463669
Genesis 15:6
>>
>>2463751
???
>>
>>2463761
Colossians 2:9
>>
>>2463763
It proves that Paul was right, justification is by faith alone
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.