[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Africa unmapped for so long? The oldest human fossils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Why was Africa unmapped for so long?
The oldest human fossils found are from Ethiopia, surely they should have the most history, not the least.

By the time the US was created most of it was still unmapped. When the Europeans colonised they were conquering unclaimed land for the most part.

What the fuck were the Africans doing?
>>
File: IMG_0734.jpg (70KB, 360x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0734.jpg
70KB, 360x286px
Jambo!

Habari Gani?
>>
like, contrary to what people like to think the answer really is they were all just being dumb niggers. it's not entirely their fault, they've been subjected to wide-scale genetic conditioning for slavery on multiple occasions starting in the bronze age or even prehistorically, though correlation is not necessarily causation etc. etc.

it's not as if written language and civilization are inherently more "correct" ways to live by any objective standard, anyway. khoisans have been doing alright probably for many millennia and will probably continue to do alright for millennia if nobody fucks with them(doubtful).

us going there and asking why they don't have maps is on-par with europeans complaining about the aztecs moving goods around through canals on their lake city not having wheels. obviously they didn't need such a thing to get by.
>>
File: karte-6-1017.gif (2MB, 2500x1937px) Image search: [Google]
karte-6-1017.gif
2MB, 2500x1937px
Why was Siberia unmapped for so long?
The oldest human fossils in Siberia found are from 50k years ago, surely they should have a lot of history.

By the time the US was created most of it was still unmapped. When the Europeans colonised they were conquering unclaimed land for the most part.

What the fuck were the Siberians doing?
>>
>>2460296
not a very good comparison when you start digging into population and population density.
>>
>>2460317
Still, the analogy of both being a shitty place to live holds.
>>
>>2460291
>it's not as if written language and civilization are inherently more "correct" ways to live by any objective standard, anyway.
But they are. Written language allows us to form more complex thoughts. Civilization allows us to organize and spread those complex thoughts until they are developed enough so we can control the nature around us and change our own.
>>
>>2460296
Africa: 200,000 years
Russia: 50,000 years

Siberia: Almost completely uninhabitable
Africa: Only the Sahara is uninhabitable (but weirdly enough it was the first region that was mapped with Ancient Egypt)

I obviously can't gather census data but it would be pretty unlikely that Russia had a greater population than Africa.

Besides, when the US was founded Siberia was mapped. It was only unmapped up until the late 1600s.

I give your post a 0/10.
>>
File: c983c08e2f0e82d408a673802c00655f.jpg (270KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
c983c08e2f0e82d408a673802c00655f.jpg
270KB, 1200x800px
>>2460360
> Siberia: Almost completely uninhabitable
It's mostly habitable.
>>
>>2460247
Shitty cultures that didn't regard technological development as important.
Of course your average /pol/tard will tell you it's genetics, but you can just ignore it.
>>
>>2460359
having complex thoughts, spreading them, and controlling nature are not inherent metrics of "correctness".
>>
>>2460268
Vipi!

M'Zuri sanaa!

(Sometimes I still feel their bites on my feet)
>>
>>2460377
>uygurs
>human
>>
>>2460384
What is a better metric of correctness then? Living in a mudhut from which you'll never go more than a few miles, spend your day hunting food and fruits, dying at 50 from a spike in your foot?
>>
>>2460247
ogga booga
>>
>>2460505
Intellectually stimulating post
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.