[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does ethnogenesis relate to the Goths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Goths-755x1024.jpg (310KB, 755x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Goths-755x1024.jpg
310KB, 755x1024px
How does ethnogenesis relate to the Goths?
>>
>>2458984

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT "ETHNOGENESIS" MEANS? I DOUBT IT.
>>
>>2458997
Then how about you explain it instead of insulting OP you arrogant prick?
>>
>>2459002

BETTER: DO NOT USE WORDS, OR TERMS, THE MEANING OF WHICH YOU IGNORE.
>>
>>2459008
better: you don't post if you have nothing to contribute
>>
>>2458997
>>2459008
>someone is trying to understand something
>better shit on them
kill yourself you worthless tripfag
>>
>>2459008
BETTER: YOU STOP POSTING
>>
>>2458997
>>2459008
Since your purpose is clearly to be an annoying namefag meme, why not add scriptura continua to your all caps? It would be more authentic for /his/.
>>
So.... I guess I'll start

The Goths were a Germanic tribe who came from southern Sweden and a few migrated to what is now Poland. The area was assimilated into Gothic culture. Eventually this new culture spread to the steppes of Ukraine where they learned mounted warfare from local tribes.
>>
>>2459093
After that, tens of thousands fled from the incoming Hunnic horde. An amount almost as large joined up with the Huns. The Gothic horde crossed the Danube in force. As their successes grew in scale and importance, so too did their boldness. A group of Goths began conquering the Italian Peninsula and Dalmatia while another large group kept going until they found the Iberian peninsula. The Goths in the Italian theater became the Ostrogoths and their cousins further West became the Visigoths. Visigoths held more onto their roots than the Ostrogoths: not to say that the Ostrogoths did not, but their adoption of Latin Christianity helped to erase some of their heritage.

Arian Christianity spread throughout the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa at this time It is not instantly the dominant religions, but sizable population of followers do emerge. Meanwhile another horde of Germanics called the Vandals conquer North Africa. Their sea raids destroy trade between Ostrogothic and Visigothic civilization. The further isolation from one another deepen the divide between the once united peoples. Franks and Lombards killed off the Ostrogoths after a couple centuries. This left the Visigoths as the sole basis for Gothic civilization. Large Roman and Iberian populations mixed in with the Visigothic conquerors.

Once the armies of Islam arrived, the populations were sufficiently mixed. A great deal fled to the Northwestern Spain in order to survive the onslaught of Arabic and Maghrebi cavalry. This kingdom was/is known as Galicia. There the Gothic language slowly gave way to vulgar Latin. After a while this vulgar Latin had a great deal of Gothic slang in it to create the language we know as Portuguese today. That may be the greatest legacy Goths have in the world today.

Oh, and there were some Goths who slept in and forgot to join the raiding party. They stuck around in Crimea through Hunnic, Mongolian, Tartar, and Slavic invasions
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.