[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that free will doesn't exist. :~)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: nothing.jpg (631KB, 2460x2983px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
631KB, 2460x2983px
Daily reminder that free will doesn't exist. :~)
>>
>>2458364
The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle disagrees with you. :^)
>>
>>2458371
>uncertainty/randomness means free will
It's like the antitheses of free will.
>>
>>2458371
Moron.
>>
>>2458364
Why doesn't it? What force makes it so it doesn't exist? I see no evidence for its non-existence.
>>
>>2458364
I choose to believe that it does
>>
>>2458371
What a retrd, sigh sigh siiiigh
>>
>>2458376
The entire argument for free will not being real revolves around the universe being perfectly deterministic. If it's not perfectly deterministic then there is wiggle room for free will.
>>
>>2458391
Your choices being random doesn't mean they are free
>>
>>2458391
>The entire argument for free will not being real revolves around the universe being perfectly deterministic
Traditionally, yes, bu this is a false lead - perfect randomness is as incompatible with free will as perfect determinism.
>>
>>2458399
>>2458405
Nothing about Quantum Physics is random. It's uncertain, not random.
>>
File: fedoracat.gif (2MB, 335x258px) Image search: [Google]
fedoracat.gif
2MB, 335x258px
>>2458364
>tee hee I don't have to take responsibility for my actions
oh wow, you believe in something because you find it comforting, so edgy

and there I was hoping that I could convince you to stop tipping your fedora and instead accomplish things in life and get pussy, you sure showed us conformist drones
>>
>>2458409
Free will is about making choices in response to stimuli, it's not "Oh look at me I'm so random", it's "How do I respond to this?". Uncertainty denies causality, making it impossible for it to be a basis for free will.
>>
>>2458413
Ad hominem: the post, wow, so thought provoking.
>>
Daily reminder that Atheists don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0

In this film it's recognized there's no point in endlessly giving "atheists" classical or evidentialist arguments since their fallen nature and faulty unbelieving presuppositions prevent them from accepting them. Plus it is dishonoring to God to let them autonomously weigh evidence for God as if He was on trial and they were the judges. Rather, we reduce the unbeliever's worldview to absurdity noting it can't account for valid human experience (and that Christianity does), and show the God they know deep down is needed to rescue them from such absurdity.
>>
>>2458413

>and instead accomplish things in life and get pussy

What a deep man you are, disgusting.

>me get pussy so me better than you

People like you shouldn't reproduce
>>
>>2458431
>psychologizing away the position of someone is a valid argument!
No.
>>
>>2458449
>It's OK if we do it!

Gotta love the hypocrisy.
>>
>>2458464
When have I done it, anon? Please, do tell.
>>
File: 1458818685302.png (394KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458818685302.png
394KB, 600x800px
>>2458413
>I was hoping that I could convince you to stop tipping your fedora and instead accomplish things in life and get pussy

you can still get pussy while not believing in free will
>>
>>2458371
Doesn't even prove that random is a thing

>>2458413
Just because our actions are predetermined doesn't mean we shouldn't act as though free will exists
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.