[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens to the brightest, virtuous, and most pious pagan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

What happens to the brightest, virtuous, and most pious pagan souls? Are they banished to hell just because they were born too early?
>>
Hell is not real, only retard Christians think it is.
>>
Hell is real, only the misguided believe otherwise.
>>
Technically yes, but they go to a part of hell that's just Limbo where they hang out until the second coming or something. It's not really terrible, just boring.

Didn't you read Inferno? Dante talks to Ceasar and some other guys there. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>2453261

It's more than just boring, they live for millennia without the warmth of God.
>>
It's just made up Jewish crap because they were butthurt about other nations being better than them. If Socrates, Epictectus don't deserve to go to heaven, then nobody does. Is Cesare Borgia in heaven but not them? Fuck this shit.
>>
>>2453240
Only until the coming of Christ.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrowing_of_Hell
Basically, during his 3 days of death, Christ takes all the virtuous pagans to Heaven.

>>2453261
>>2453274
No no, you're thinking of those like Virgil that were not virtuous enough.
Figures like Julius Caesar, for instance, are in Dante's Heaven.
>>
>>2453240
We don't know. Not in the punishments of Hell though.
>>
>>2453332

Doesn't Christian doctrine mean that they are banished to hell since they didn't ask for forgiveness?
>>
>>2453333
Their circumstance doesn't meet all the requirements of mortal sin. Virtuous Pagans, given their nature as virtuous, have their dilemma due to their lack of baptism primarily.
>>
>>2453328
is me

Sorry, you're right, Julius Caesar is in the first circle of Hell.
I must have been thinking of characters like Ripheus, who is in Paradise despite being a figure from the Trojan War.

Other writers (can't remember who) spoke of the "pagan virtues" (Justice, Temperance, Prudence and Fortitude) and said that whoever had those before the coming of Christ was good to go to Heaven.
>>
>>2453343

but is this supported by actual Christian writing, or just artists?
>>
>>2453350
Justin Martyr already acknowledged the issue and was the one that said that the Logos (God) manifested throughout story, and that the people that accepted and delved into it (Plato, Socrates, etc) were Christians in everything but name.
>>
>>2453350
Can't find it now. I might be thinking of Abelard.
>>
They burn.
>>
>>2453286
This.
>>
>>2453247
>>2453240
yes you must first prove to me that hell exist, and why it used memedieval torture methods so outdated by today standards
also
>glutinous was a sin equal to wraith or greed nowaday
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.