[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CORNWALL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: cornwall.jpg (147KB, 646x430px) Image search: [Google]
cornwall.jpg
147KB, 646x430px
I'm going to Cornwall tomorrow for the St. Piran's Day parades and celebrations, but also to learn. I haven't had the time to read too much about the history, but could Cornwall be said to be one of the models of peasant uprisings?

>seen as Celtic pagan farmers and looked down on
>discover tin, become industrialized and exploited
>march a standing army of peasants into London
>lay siege to religious noblemen
>their flag even references their mining days

What do I need to know, as a bloody yankee sunburnt tourist travelling merry England?
>>
It's poor as fuck.
>>
>>2451111
>Uprising of 1497
>Taxed out the ass by Henry in his campaign against the Scots
>Composed mainly of tin miners and farmers angry at the royalty exploiting their labors
>Organize through mining parliaments
>Tax collector and provost of Glasney College is sacked by an army of 15,000 angry peasants led by An Gof, a blacksmith who remains the head of the revolt even after members of the old royalty joined the cause
>The king spreads rumors that he'll attack on Monday, but in stead attacks on Saturday while the Cornish army is near Deptford Strand in SE London
>An Goff's second-hand man, a lawyer named Thomas Flamank, literally said as his last words, "Speak the truth and only then can you be free of your chains," which is pretty much the end of the Manifesto and wouldn't surprise me if Marx used this to tip his fedora at England
>>
>>2451111
>What do I need to know, as a bloody yankee sunburnt tourist travelling merry England?

That the yokels are twats and it is best to just ignore them and enjoy the scenery.
>>
>>2451111
>What do I need to know, as a bloody yankee sunburnt tourist travelling merry England?
Aphex Twin lives there.
>>
File: Badon_CadburyCastle02_full[1].jpg (28KB, 525x360px) Image search: [Google]
Badon_CadburyCastle02_full[1].jpg
28KB, 525x360px
>>2451111
I'm going to Cornwall and Devon in October to tour King Arthur sites. Monitoring this thread for interest.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.