[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irrelevant countries history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1b.jpg (134KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
1b.jpg
134KB, 640x383px
Post interesting historical fact about your country others don't know

USA/GB/Fr/Ger/Rus need not apply
>>
Bohemia here

>City of Kaliningrad is named after one Bohemian king (Köningsberg means "King's city") that led a crusade to that area in 13th century
>>
File: beafraid.png (994KB, 1174x956px) Image search: [Google]
beafraid.png
994KB, 1174x956px
>There was a religious revolution in Bohemia similar to Protestantism but hundred years earlier
>This revolution actually ended in success and Utraquism became official religion
>Utraquism was basically Protestantism but while still acknowledging Pope

>In their time, the revolution woke such an uproar throughout Europe that even Joane of Arc wrote a letter to revolutionaries, promising to come fight them once she is done with the English
>>
>During Russian revolution, Bohemian legionaries fought against the Reds and before being called off took control of the whole Trans-Siberian railway
>>
>During the HRE siege of Milano in 12th century, Bohemian soldiers used their reputation of "savage barbarians" with Milanese, and baked a bread dummy looking like a baby and ate it while singing loudly and dancing around the fire in front of Milanese walls
>When later the combined German and Bohemian armies entered the city, the defenders were running for their lives towards the Germans, just so they wouldn't be captured by the savages
>>
>Czechoslovak government was offered part of German African colonies after WW1 but Czech government rejected the offer
>>
>Operation Anthropoid, in which Czechoslovak paratroopers assassinated Reinhard Heydrich, was the only successful assassination attempt on high-ranking Nazi officers during WW2
>>
File: wefailed.png (224KB, 522x890px)
wefailed.png
224KB, 522x890px
>Princes of HRE elected Rudolph of Habsbourg Emperor, and opened up a path to the rise of house of Habsbourg, only because they were scared of rising power of Bohemian king

>Also Rudolph won the decisive battle that allowed him to claim whole modern Austria, because he was literally cheating in the battle and sent his knights to attack from ambush
>>
>Vladimír Remek was the first man in space that wasn't from USSR or USA
>>
fuck off czechfag
>>
File: 1446986526321.png (1MB, 1476x886px)
1446986526321.png
1MB, 1476x886px
Okay, nobody cares, i tried
>>
>>2450297
I found that all very interesting, czech friend.
Don't be depressed, please
>>
>>2450297
Everything you posted is boring garbage.
Please consider suicide
>>
>>2450136

More Danes served on the Eastern Front during WW2 than were part of the resistance against the Nazi occupation
>>
>>2450246
Damn. Slavic white guilt leftists would have been amusing.
>>
>>2450297

I liked your posts. buddy. Don't listen to >>2450597
>>
>>2450136
Great Britain is not a country, it's an island.
>>
>>2450246
I thought it was opposite? Czech government asked for a part of Africa but Entente refused that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.