[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are objectively three major things that need to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1476497845249.png (299KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476497845249.png
299KB, 680x598px
There are objectively three major things that need to change in economics to encourage hard work

1. Inheritance needs to be fully taxed
2. Landlord salary needs to be capped as a percentage of the price of a good as it originally was
3. The speculative motive of society which interferes with government's effectiveness of the Federal Reserve needs to be curbed by putting trading limits on stocks and bonds.
>>
Plebes too stupid to understand economics.
>>
But...y tho?
>>
Idk what 2 & 3 even mean lmao
>>
lmao this dude still thinks work is a good thing in the 21st century

why not just get robots to do everything for us like is already happening
>>
>>2447650
Just buy a couple apartments and rent it out dude. You won't complain again.
>>
>>2447712
That's fine. I don't know why large scale agricultural development is necessary as if that will help anyone with jobs at all. There is one thing and one thing alone that helps determine the interest rate and that is nature. The natural resources are being depleted because we consume more than we put in.
>>
>>2447750
That's not true at all. You can have money and think it isn't right. Your view of the world is simplistic and basic. You view things as a competition. And while that is what some aspects of economics should be, it certainly shouldn't be competition of inheritance or who can trade around the most capital.
>>
>>2447650
>Inheritance needs to be fully taxed
It already is, every penny of that money has been taxed as it is accumulated, to tax it again is criminal, if I was a legal professional, I would go out of my way to challenge that.
>>
>>2447761
First of all, that's not even close to being entirely true there are many retirement accounts which do not have taxed money in them. That's from a practical perspective.

Second of all, this isn't about upholding a status quo here, the solution is literally to tax all taxed and untaxed money 100%. You will get a better economy.
>>
>>2447772
> the solution is literally to tax all taxed money 100%
I dunno man, that sounds kinda insane. You wanna Tax, Taxed money 100%?
>>
>>2447783
Yeah inheritance is a bad idea, wouldn't that reward hard work?
>>
>>2447792
> inheritance
> no inheritance would reward hard work
What would be the point of working then? If all your hard work comes to naught, then that would have the opposite effect.

Most people work hard for their families, if their hard work was pointless when they die, it would not be a motivator.

Family is a good motivator. Maybe you should think about mandatory breeding for people or something similar.
>>
>>2447757

what the fuck are you talking about

just buy a couple houses and rent it in and do nothing all day but collect rent
>>
>>2447650
>Inheritance needs to be taxed fully
Pretty neat idea to steal money from working people who want to help their children progress into the future
>Landlord salary needs to be capped
Why does the government get to decide how much private businesses should sell their product?
>Putting trading limits on stocks and bonds
To stunt growth and development? Speculative motive allows people to retain liquidity, how does this affect the effectiveness of the Federal Reserve?
>Effectiveness of the Fed
Yep, mass government debt, run-away inflation, and inability to deal with market forces. I'd rather take the gold standard
>>
>>2447950
>>2447816
Motivation to have your children succeed comes while you are alive. These days, dying grandparents bequeath far too much to their heirs who no longer need the wealth they should have generated during their lifetimes.
>Landlord cap
Let me explain. How it used to be in Smith's time, and before in the feudalistic era, was that the crop would yield a certain amount of food, and the owners of the land had a right, like a tithe of sorts, to a percentage of the output. This made sense, because the more productive the producers became, the more profit they and their landlords got. Nowadays, it is a base cap, and if the land isn't producing anything at all like manufacturing or agriculture, then nothing at all is produced and they get a salary for nothing. The landlord's salary is inherently unproductive. It adds nothing to the value of any good. It is the definition of an inflationary wage, and it keeps other wages and profits down as well, the more it grows. If this is the trend, the future is worrying for capitalism indeed.
>>
>>2448035
>limiting stock and bond trading
You seem to have forgotten the original purpose of stocks and bonds. They were meant as investment tools. If you thought a project was going to be productive, you invested in it. If you thought a plan had merit you gave it money. Nowadays an entire class of work persists on the idea of trading capital around. Henry George, in his seminal work Progress and Poverty, defines the fortunes of the Rothschilds and Vanderbilts as being founded upon this very process. Proving Veblen's stipulation, that the only way to get into the leisure class if you are not a member is either through the growth of war or the growth of pecuniary occupations. Keynes wrote extensively of the harm that the speculative motive had of harming the methods of government to increase investment by lowering interest rate. The extension of bank credit or lowering of the interest rate are equally rendered effectively less impactful due to the fact that interest rate decreases increase the money supply far more under certain psychological circumstances than under other because of the interference of group think.

The Federal Reserve is an institution that exists for a reason. Even Ludwig Von Moses thought it necessary to a degree to regulate the economy. Please do a bit of reading before you speak on things
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.