[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John F. Kennedy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: john-f-kennedy-jfk-600.jpg (100KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
john-f-kennedy-jfk-600.jpg
100KB, 600x325px
Was he the most overrated president ever?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>2444482

That's not Lincoln.
>>
No, but he was up there. I see kids here these days idolizing Clinton, thinking he was somehow responsible for the 90s internet boom. I don't think they yet realize how much of a national embarrassment he was by the end; he was literally bombing Iraq every time something bad happened during his impeachment trial to divert attention.

But yeah, Kennedy was also terrible. He double-downed on Eisenhower's blunder into Vietnam, waged an obsessive campaign of terrorism against Cuba, helped cause the Cuban missile crisis, and did next to nothing to help civil rights (doing whatever he could to hinder it, like trying to get the 1963 march on Washington canceled).
>>
>>2444482
FDR & Lincoln are more overrated.
>>
>>2444482
Basically every president that's ever been shot (including Jackson) has been overrated
>>
>>2444482
He would have been good if he ended the fed.
>>
I dont know if many presidents would have got us (the world) through the Cuban missile crisis without war. Whatever else he did, he ingored 100% of his military advisers and didnt let things escalate, while still being strong to the soviets.

Thats a remarkable achivement. The world is very fortunate for him to have lived
>>
>>2444574
Props to Khrushchev too, of course, takes 2 to tango etc.
>>
>>2444514
that's a partisan take on clinton desu. as a dem I can't really be bothered about his affairs, and the republicans made a mistake impeaching him in the first place. trump's private life is even more embarrassing than clinton's.
>>
>>2444574
>while still being strong to the soviets.
except you know... the part that was kept in secret at the time about America removing missiles from turkey. so it really wasn't strong, it just looked good with the american public. also the idea that it would have escalated is retarded, the logic of nuclear armaments always will lead to deescalation. the soviets were not stupid enough to risk a nuclear holocaust.
also, as far as i know kennedy didn't do shit it was all his advisers who negotiated the deal.
>>
>>2444725
Trump hasn't committed perjury and obstruction of justice yet desu

And there hadn't yet been hordes of partisan hacks defending these illegal acts as "merely a private affair". Don't reply to me if you're going to be an idiot.

>inb4 muh Russia
>>
>>2444579
I also watched the new Hardcore History.
>>
>>2444574
He got us into the Cuban missile crisis by being a weak beta cuck in front of the USSR. So no, he doesn't get credit for "getting us out".
>>
>>2444482
No
Your thinking of Reagan
>>
>>2444747
Except it was the soviets that had to publicly lose face, both in the disarmament of Cuban missles and in the ships not going through the blockade. The Americans didnt have to lose that face for years, and id say de escalating that crisis was more important then the Turkish/Italian nukes. Many important people on both sides were of the opinion this will lead to nuclear war, not something to be shrugged off.

Also i dont believe the idea that the logic of armaments always will lead to deescalation. Id say today thats hopefully more true (Nukes are still and option though) but not in the military leaders of 1962.

>>2445085
I understand your point. Id say however that many other presidents were more likely to have escalated the situation, and he did not. Perhaps i am wrong though.
>>
>>2444558
Especially Jackson.
>>
i propose an informal law of presidential legacy:
The longer away a presidential term was from the current one, the more people today will appreciate / overrate them
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.