[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

personal history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dale.jpg (26KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
dale.jpg
26KB, 300x248px
I've been researching my family background. I'm half English/French.
It's a complicated task. I've gone through church parish records of births, marriages and deaths and on my English side I can trace some family records back to 1610. My mother left me a family tree diagram. It's a big sheet of paper and very detailed.
I have no clue about my French side. My dad told me he was born in Clermont-Ferrand and was raised there.
My parents and grandparents have died. And so has my wife. She was Scottish.
I was born in France, in Limoges but live in England. Dual nationality.
Where are you from /his/? Have you researched your background? Do you have any suggestions for further research?
>>
>Where are you from /his/?
I don't know.
>Have you researched your background?
No
>Do you have any suggestions for further research?
No
>>
>>2440972
>Where are you from?
Johannesburg, South Africa.
Yes. Dutch/English.
No.
>>
huh? oh i dont care just like i dont care about the backgrounds about anyone around me, not in a nihilistic sense but i just dont care about you.
>>
I'm a direct descendant of Rollo of Normandy
>>
>>2442634
Edgy.
>>
direct descendant of captain james cook's brother. also a descendant of a mayflower pilgrim but so is 10%< of the US.

there's also an oral history passed down in my family about some of our ascendants with the name "maharg", which I've never been able to confirm in any way. reversing the spelling of their name "graham" because grahams were notorious for raids in some geographical location in england some who the fuck knows when this happened, and they didn't want the negative connotation associated with the name. like any oral history it might very well just be legend, and I know there are separate etymologies proposed for the name "maharg"(though it might have been an isolated event), but it seems like something plausible that might have happened between a few villages somewhere in northern england a few hundred years ago. fun to think about at least.

other than that, there is a family tome on my dad's side that traces geneology back a couple hundred years. bunch of farmers and ranchers and immigrants from finland and scotland and shit. like huge swathes of inland america.
>>
File: lol.png (99KB, 706x906px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
99KB, 706x906px
>>2440972
>Where are you from /his/?
Fort Myers, Florida.
To the best of my ability. I was adopted and haven't researched my genetic family, but my adoptive family hails from Scottish nobility and were among the first settlers to come to America from the Isles. More recently, my grandfather was a successful businessman with shady government ties and access to the Greenbrier bunker; my great uncle helped work on the Gemini projects. He was killed at an Air Force base during an operation because he intended to release classified photos from NASA missions.
Maybe track down some leads in France? I don't really know how to help you but your French side may be worth another look.
Pic related, it's my Ancestry DNA report. I'm American mystery meat.
>>
>>2442918
I got something similar to that going as well. mostly scandinavian, scotland, ireland, and german, but then small splashes of both southeastern and northwestern native american and east asian. this is what a lot of american farming/ranching peasantry probably looks like.
>>
>>2440972
>25 year rule
if you're over 25 and you kill yourself this thread can be justified.
>>
>>2440972
I'm like you OP,, mom's family is in the area ( Calvados) since forever ( traced back till 1670 ) but my dad comes from England and is unable to trace back his ancestors
>>
>>2440972
listening to americans trying to muh heritage is proof that miscegenation is unnatural. even between the 'white race' tribes.
fyi there's not such thing as the 'white race'
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.