[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a history topic that I can talk about for 5-8 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

I need a history topic that I can talk about for 5-8 minutes in class

Any ideas?

Important events, people, etc.

I like to make my presentations funny, so suggest something that isn't dark, like the Holocaust, please.
>>
File: Muir & Roosevelt.jpg (852KB, 956x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Muir & Roosevelt.jpg
852KB, 956x1146px
The Bromance of Muir and Roosevelt
>>
>>2440600
Sounds fun.

Where can I learn more?
>>
American Civil War
>>
>>2440600
I read about it from this. Full of fun anecdotes if you throw in an overview of his conservationism, that's an easy 5-8 minutes if not more.

https://www.amazon.com/Wilderness-Warrior-Theodore-Roosevelt-Crusade/dp/0060565314
>>
>>2440653
Awesome, Ill check this out! Hopefully I can use it
>>
File: biji medistan.jpg (164KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
biji medistan.jpg
164KB, 1440x1080px
Kurdistan

It's time more people knew about its vast ancient history.
>>
>>2440574
Talk about the founding of the ottoman empire.
Especially how they started as horse nomads if you're an american people will think that you're a genius.
>>
>>2440574
The Command fuckup at Ludendorff Bridge.
From Wikipedia:
A number of command changes in February and early March complicated German command of the Rhine crossings. Before the U.S. advance on the Rhine, the 22 road and 25 railroad bridges across the Rhine were the responsibility of the German Wehrkreis, or military districts. These soldiers did not report to an Army command but to the military arm of the Nazi Party, the Waffen-SS. During February, responsibility for the Ludendorff Bridge was transferred from Wehrkreis VI to Wehrkreis XII. In late February, German forces were reeling backwards and they had instituted a number of command changes to try to stem the Allied's advance. Responsibility for the bridges, including the Ludendorff Bridge, was shifted to the Army, although the Wehrkreis officers tried to retain their command authority. The anti-aircraft units around the bridges didn't report to the army, the Wehrkreis or the Waffen SS, but to the Luftwaffe.
>>
The children's crusade, very funny and enjoyable topic for all
>>
Wow! All these topics are great!

Now the hard part will be picking them out. Thanks!
>>
>>2442843
No problem.
Keep tipping that fedora!
>>
File: BxyZNP0CYAABlE-.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BxyZNP0CYAABlE-.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>2441556
Until they all got raped, sold, or killed
(probably all three :^] )
Fun times
>>
>>2444120
Those are the fun times, anon....
>>
>>2440574
Unit 731 of Manchuria during Second Sino-Japanese war

The japs had some good banter back then
>>
The Russian navy practically destroying itself and its allies during the Russo-Japanese war
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.