[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were all the best European Jews killed by the Nazis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: holocaust.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
holocaust.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
Many Holocaust survivors such as Primo Levi assert in their immediate postwar memoirs that most of the good, integrated European Jews were killed during the Holocaust, and that those who survived were those who were willing to keep their heads down and accept the torture of their friends and family, or who were otherwise extremely lucky. That the ones who survived were willing to toss other people under the bus and only thought of their own survival, something he himself struggles with greatly as he feels immensely guilty over his actions during his imprisonment. Do you think this is true? Do you think the Nazis paradoxically killed the best, most integrated Jews, and left mostly the selfish (barring the lucky ones) to survive?
>>
>>2432342
Your right about them murdering most of the integrated jews (I.e most Jews in europe) but the rest of what you said is just projection
>>
>>2432351

No, I'm doing research on Holocaust survivors and it's an interesting theme between quite a few of them. There's a lot of self-loathing projection there, of course, but I do wonder if the really kind-hearted people were the first to die while the more hardnosed, self-focused people survived in those conditions.
>>
>>2432351
I wouldn't call it projection. I've read what is probably an absurd amount of Holocaust memoirs, as well as journals and diaries left behind by people who ended up dying, and the concept definitely shows up more than once, although I would disagree with the premise that the only survivors were those that tossed people under the bus or otherwise ignored their humanity. Perhaps Levi and others like him (the author for This Way for the Gas, for instance) wanted to project that as being more universal because of their own guilt and self-loathing about surviving, especially in regards to their own actions towards others.

In cases where life or death meant the difference between being willing to steal other people's food or supplies, then the person who is willing to do that is more likely to survive. Or at least, survive for longer.
>>
>>2432638
This, why do you think Jews are all crafty thieves? The final solution was actually Hitler's checkmate to the kikes. He knew he didn't have the means to gas them all once war broke out, so he engineered their race to harbor hostilities, allowing for a effecient future Holocaust.
>>
>>2432747
This isn't /pol/.
>>
>>2432752

wow genius
>>
The rich jews fucked off before the war.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.