[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 years war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 360-004-7EC5029D.jpg (87KB, 631x495px) Image search: [Google]
360-004-7EC5029D.jpg
87KB, 631x495px
Explain me the 30 years war as if I was retarded /his/ please.
>>
Sweden chimped out but soon came close to getting BTFO but then the French arrived and saved them
>>
Kill 6 million germans
Do it for Jesus
>>
>>2425118

The G*rm breeds wars, the G*rm fuels wars.
>>
Err, I'm so darn rusty, but hopefully my inaccuracies might rile up some of the users on here, and be an incentive for this thread to earn some momentum.
>catholics shunned in Bohemia sparking religious enmity
>catholic Habsburgs realize that this might be a good way for them to war with Bohemia, and propagandize it as a religious war
>everyone soon realizes how much of a foil that religious pretense is, and that it's all going to be a war for who can gain the most influence in the HRE
>first runner-up for more influence is protestant Denmark but they get their shit kicked in by Austria
>then Sweden, who with Sweden Pomerania, are technically part of the HRE and have reason for gaining influence there
>they get funded by France and do decently well against Austria, but their king perishes, and they have to back down
>France finally kicks Spain's teeth at Rocroi, and can finally owe their full attention to fighting Austria
>which is pretty when the conflict reveals itself to have just been proxies of catholic France and France trying to forestall the growing power of the Habsburgs, and isn't just a catholics vs protestants conflicts like everyone pretends it is
>France gets to do well enough against Austria that it can be considered a "victory" for them
>and one of the major reasons for why the HRE never got to really cnetralize under Habsburg Austrians
And there from what I seem to have in memory.
>>
>>2425118
Richelieu played everyone like a damned fiddle.
>>
Elizabeth Stuart (19 August 1596 – 13 February 1662) was, as the wife of Frederick V, Elector Palatine, Electress Palatine, and briefly, Queen of Bohemia. Due to her husband’s reign in Bohemia lasting for just one winter, Elizabeth is often referred to as The Winter Queen.

Anne was indirectly instrumental in spreading Wycliffe's views by the mere fact of her marriage for it was the Bohemians in her train who first introduced his writings to Huss.

In August 1619 the Czech diet again proclaimed the throne elective and invited a Calvinist, the elector palatinate, Frederick V.After the defeat at White mountain Frederick, the 'winter's king', fled, followed by many of the magnates, abandoning the country to Ferdinand, who had become emperor in August 1619, and to the Jesuits.

They could no longer return to the Palatinate as, despite the assistance of Elizabeth’s father, it was occupied by the Catholic league and a Spanish contingent. So, after a courteous invitation from the Prince of Orange was extended their way, they made their move toward The Hague. The Stuart princess, turned Electress, was now a queen in exile.
>>
>>2425118
Chatolics start acting like cunts, Protestants start acting as cunts back at them, other powers see everyone in Germany for what they are (cunts) and proceed to invade it to get a piece of the action.
>>
>>2425240
The eternal franco ruins everything again
>>
>>2425461
Encouraged by this success, Ferdinand turned in 1621 against Bohemia’s Protestant supporters in Germany. Despite aid from Britain, Denmark, and the Dutch Republic, they too lost, and by 1629 imperial armies commanded by Albrecht von Wallenstein overran most of Protestant Germany and much of Denmark. Ferdinand then issued the Edict of Restitution, reclaiming lands in the empire belonging to the Catholic Church that had been acquired and secularized by Protestant rulers.

In 1630 an army led by King Gustavus Adolphus landed in Germany and, with a subsidy from the French government and assistance from many German Protestant states, routed the Imperialists at Breitenfeld (1631) and drove them from much of Germany. The Protestant revival continued until in 1634 a Spanish army intervened and at Nordlingen defeated the main Swedish field army and forced the Protestants out of southern Germany. This new Hapsburg success, however, provoked France-which feared encirclement-to declare war first on Spain (1635) and then on the emperor (1636).

Eventually, France’s victory over the Spaniards at Rocroi (1643) and Sweden’s defeat of the Imperialists at Jankau (1645) forced the Hapsburgs to make concessions that led, in 1648, to the Peace of Westphalia, which settled most of the outstanding issues.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.