[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me some wars to read up on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1427523034203.jpg (66KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1427523034203.jpg
66KB, 1000x750px
Recommend me some wars to read up on.
>>
Russian Civil War

It's
>Very Complicated
>Criminally understudied
>Teaches you a lot about politics in Europe in the early 20th century
>Also teaches you about the USSR
>>
File: pix2_102214.jpg (135KB, 768x528px) Image search: [Google]
pix2_102214.jpg
135KB, 768x528px
>>2423937
Iran Iraq war.
>>
Spanish civil war. Both factions are interesting even if you don't adhere to neither of them.
>>
File: IMG_8949.jpg (65KB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8949.jpg
65KB, 400x212px
>>2423937
China has some big ass bloody wars over the Years

Go read them up,its a joy to endure
>>
>>2425855
Not OP, but I just finished a documentary on them, it was pretty interesting. It's hard to find an unbiased source though, so you might need to find two sources that are biased in favor of each side to get a full picture.

I still laugh at the one I watched because the destruction of churches and the executions of some 4000 clergy is just a footnote in it, while the executions of republican/communist/anarchist soldiers gets about an hour of screentime. I guess it's a product of the times though, it's a lot easier to be upset with the winning side when you've had to endure their bullshit and not the other way around.
>>
French Revolutionary Wars
Napoleonic Wars
American Civil War
Franco-Prussian War
World War 1
World War 2
Theatres of the Cold War
>>
>>2423937
The current (?) Taureg Insurrection in Mali
The Sudan War and Gordon of Khartoum
The Chechen Wars
The Yugoslav Wars

And not really a war but very close

The Years of Lead in Italy and the role of the CIA with Operation Gladio
>>2427265
>Babbys first modern history class
lmao I don't think he was asking to recover 10th grade history
>>
>>2423956

>Very Complicated

Are you high ?
>>
>>2423937
Punic Wars
>>
The Thirty Years war

It's pretty difficult but its so multidisciplinary that you'll learn the most from it
>>
>>2423937
Obligatory Rhodesia Post
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.