[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Defines Western society as "phallogocentric" in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Derrida.jpg (50KB, 303x379px) Image search: [Google]
Derrida.jpg
50KB, 303x379px
>Defines Western society as "phallogocentric" in other words as privileging the phallus(e.g masculinity) and logos(e.g logic, rational argumentation)
>Feminists use the term "mansplaining" as a master suppression technique whenever a man uses logic and rational argumentation

Coincidence?
>>
>>2422788
It's not logic and rational argumentation. It's when you talk when literally no one asked you to, creep.
>>
>>2422797
Cute b8
>>
>>2422797
I've seen it described as when a man explains something to a woman "derisively." Which includes when a man explains something a woman doesn't know to her.
If you don't know something, and I explain it to you, it's "mansplaining?" I say call male teachers are "manteaching." Or women teachers are "womanteaching."
It's a stupid word used by stupid people to disregard anything a man says just because he's a man saying it.
>>
>>2422807
It's mostly when a guy butts in in a conversation just to explain something that, by context, everyone involved in the original conversation already knew.
>>
>>2422856
What about when a woman does that? Also, I often see it used in other scenarios.
>>
File: his in a nutshell.png (26KB, 918x190px) Image search: [Google]
his in a nutshell.png
26KB, 918x190px
Mansplaining, as much as the term annoys me, is meant to be in reference to somebody condescendingly explaining something to a woman. It has nothing to do with how logical or rational the explanation is, but how it's presented.

Naturally the term is also abused by idiots, as are most. Many (stupid) people find rational arguments / explanations to sound condescending, probably because they make a point of explaining not just the conclusion but how to reach it. For some reason this offends some people.

Also sage for humanities "whine about muh feminism" bait thread.
>>
>>2422856
>It's mostly when a guy butts in in a conversation just to explain something that, by context, everyone involved in the original conversation already knew.

What a pathetic deflection. Just because people are arrogant doesn't mean it's acceptable to reduce someone's character and opinions to their sex.
>>
>>2422864
It's a deflection for when you need to avoid feeling like an idiot after a man tells you something.
>>
>>2422788
phallos does not equate to masculinity you imbecile. Don't talk about shit you've never read and would not understand even if you did.
>>
File: 1779.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1779.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>2423171
>phallos does not equate to masculinity you imbecile
>>
>>2422856
ohh, so you mean when a woman does that, it's okay?
>>
>>2423171
>>>/b/
>>>/d/
>>
>>2422860
>>2423224
online it's not women doing it. mostly its fedora types.

I'm not a fan of the term and its used way too liberally but I get it.
>>
>handsome and charismatic
>mansplain shit to feminists
>they don't realize it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.