[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: history_of_elearning[1].png (37KB, 315x250px) Image search: [Google]
history_of_elearning[1].png
37KB, 315x250px
I want to do more than lurk here, read books or watch documentaries to learn history. Are there some ways to learn on your own through certain steps or project-based learning?
>>
1. Come up with discussion questions to ask yourself

2. Come up with essays to write about

3. If you're too lazy to do either of those, take a class at a community college

4. Make youtube videos or articles on a blog where you talk about history, I often find the best way to learn for me is to teach others

5. Have others ask you questions and come up with answers for them, don't just respond but use actual evidence, primary or secondary sources

6. Read essays from historians. Modern history books and essays are far more valuable than reading primary sources like Herodotus to be quite honest.
>>
Listen to podcast my favorite is history you Rome by mike duncan
>>
The History Of Rome - Podcast By Mike Duncan: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmhKTejvqnoOrQOcTY-pxN00BOZTGSWc3
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (119KB, 580x443px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
119KB, 580x443px
>>2421180
>learn history

I don't understand why people say this. What, you want to learn ALL of history? Good luck buddy.

A more realistic approach would be pick out subjects, topics, concepts, technologies, people, counties, ect; anything tangible basically. Then learn the history of that. Along the way you will find these things to be interconnected with other things and then you can cross over briefly as need be, or put them on a 'to do' list and dive in completely later.

My specific advice:

Just pick one thing to start with. Something you find interesting or maybe something that feels relevant to you as an individual. From there, ask for, or look good books/sources to read on the topic. Once you have source material, set yourself a task or question, or some 'truth' you want to perhaps uncover. Having a specific goal like this will drive you onwards and keep you on track. Note things down as you go and always compare sources (if you're really serious). Once you reach the end of the topic and you feel have an answer. Write about it. You need to apply this information in order to retain it. That is essential to any learning. What's more, 'output' substantiates and rewards your efforts.

If this is just a hobbie, then it literally doesn't matter how you approach it. As long as you can read, you're set from now and until the day you die.
>>
>>2421180
read wikipedia articles
works for me
>>
File: images (12).jpg (24KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
24KB, 443x332px
Play age
http://www.neoseeker.com/age-of-empires-iii/concept_art/
>>
File: images (8).jpg (17KB, 510x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
17KB, 510x288px
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.