[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carl Sagan Explains Entropy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 77679.jpg (1MB, 1525x2048px) Image search: [Google]
77679.jpg
1MB, 1525x2048px
Back in the 80s me and my terminally ill son wrote a letter to Carl Sagan asking how long humans will live. We expected a simple letter but unbelievably enough he recorded a casette tape and sent it to us in the mail, I've been listening to it for a long time but I was afraid the quality would get worse over time so I decided to digitize it.

So please enjoy this never before heard audio of Mr. Sagan.

http://picosong.com/GS6c/
>>
>>2419423
Neato
>>
was the music overlay necessary?
>>
>>2419423
Music is too loud
>>
>>2419423
You should upload this to YouTube and make some money.

My condolences by the way.
>>
>>2419574
Carl thought so.
>>
File: 1482572022599.jpg (17KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1482572022599.jpg
17KB, 550x550px
>>2419423
good shit
>>
>>2419423
Beautiful. Thank you, kind sir.

My condolences, as well.
>>
>>2419483
>>2419880
>>2420002

This. I actually met and had the chance to talk to Sagan once, he was one of the most thoughtful and kindliest people I'd ever met, almost the opposite of someone like Dawkins, or Hitchens, or Tyson. Those people are up on themselves because of their pseudo-celebrity status
>>
Very cool, thank you OP.
>>
>>2419423
>computer simulation meme
Daily reminder human civilization knew this reality wasn't the full or "true" reality through prayer and meditation since our beginning and sciencetist retards would know this if they studied metaphysics
>>
>>2420103
>this if they studied metaphysics

Le Metaphics meme has about as much purpose as Star-trek knowledge. You might entertain some nerds with it, but that's it.
>>
It's bullshit.

He mentions Jeanne Calment dying at 122... in 1997.
>>
>>2420137
But people were saying this is a fake reality for thousands of years. We don't need some fucking science-tist to tell us what we already know. Why are they acting like it's some new revelation?
>>
>>2420149
this. Also cassettes don't sound like that.
>>
>>2420152
You're the one who mentioned it, no one here was lauding over him for saying it. that was only one thing he said and it was just a passing note of the possibility. I don't know why you contrarian shits can't appreciate humanities AND STEM
>>
>>2420149
This. I also thought 'wait, what?'
>>
>>2420137
That's not what many of the top-tier physicists of the past like Einstein and Pauli thought. It is also not what a good deal of them think today.
>>
File: 1447347515607.gif (3MB, 378x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447347515607.gif
3MB, 378x225px
>>2420152

>science-tist
>>
>>2420358
They were the nerds entertaining themselves with it.
>>
>>2420929
Of course. All academics are nerds of a sort, and we all find intellectual fare entertaining.
>>
>>2419423
Sorry for your loss OP. How did you cope with such a trauma?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.