[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

His abominable regime killed over 1,000,000 people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

And there are people who think he was good... It's sad.
>>
Those Yugoslavs sure would be sore
Without their phony yugomodor
>>
Because anything is better than what happened in the 90's
>>
>>2416850
>yugomodor

Thats pretty cool name for a fantasy villain.
>>
>>2416841
>over 1,000,000 people

Clearly it was not enough
>>
>>2416850
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.TAB14.2.GIF
>>
>>2416889
It would have been best for them to have had a peaceful democracy, and not endure the horrors of a mass-murdering regime.
>>
>>2416841
PURE
>>
>>2416934
>Rummel
His statistics are a joke. They're literally several times higher than basically every other estimate.
>>
Rummel pls go.
>>
Hoxha detected, go back to your bunker
>>
a million seems a little high like "a million people died in this area during these years, its all titos fault lmao"

gimme a source
>>
>>2417075
I'm with this guy. I want a source claiming Tito's regime killed a million people, and it better not be some butthurt Albanians website
>>
Bugger off Rummel.
>>
>>2416841
Hey its Goering!
>>
>>2416841
He'll help you to flip Romania if the USSR played Romanian Abdication, 3IP for 2ops is pretty ok so there's that at least...
>>
>>2417014
>They are wrong because they are high
>>2417015
Do you have any valid criticism of such
academic?
>>2417032
Another communist mass-murderer. I'm not a hoxhaist.
>>
>>2416841
Göring dindu nuffin. Fucking anglo scum
>>
>>2416851
They should have had a peaceful democracy.
>>2417075
>>2417534
It's an estimation by reputable academic Rudolph Rummel.
>>2417539
Any valid criticism?
>>
>>2416841
USA abominable regime killed over 900 citizens of the USA in Johnstown.
>>
You have to be really cynical to defend this guy knowing what he did.
>>
Gotta crack some eggs
>>
>>2416841
>most important croat in history
>cucked serbia
>paved the path for croatian independance
>croats are eternally butthurt because he persecuted croatian nazis
>>
>>2418676
>>2418686
The fact that he's been discredited in academic circles for literally making up impossible numbers?
>>
What's a realistic death toll for Tito?
>>
>>2419388
Leave him alone, he didn't even bomb the brits at Dunkirk
>>
>>2416983
>balkans
>peaceful democracy

Pick one.
>>
>>2416841
I know communists killed people here but 1,000,000 is a bullshit number.
>>
Oh and his opponents killed even more.
It's weird but in Yugoslavia communists were lesser evil.
>>
>>2419285
[citation needed]
>>
There was a purge immediately after WW2 in which heaps of people were killed for supporting the nazis/ustaše. Can't remember the exact figure but it was at least in the 10s of thousands, maybe even hundreds, but definitely nowhere near a million. Croatians got rekt the most (including my great grandfather actually).

The early communist government was authoritarian after that for at least a decade but it didn't kill anyone after the purge.
>>
>>2419388
>>2419418
It is an estimation by Rummel, a reputable academic.
>>
>>2420040
Your grandfather deserved it desu.
>>
>>2420040
My parents liked Tito (Montenegrin diaspora here) but they did say how a lot of people were taken away to Goli Otok. I'm sure that had a number of people die.

My grandfather's friend killed someone there and my mother's aunt got traumatised for life when she had to go there
>>
>>2419921
>Rummel's estimation for deaths under Stalin would require the Soviet population to grow more in 1943 than it did in 1967
>>
I honestly thought that was a pic of Goering for a second.
>>
>>2416841
Not nearly enough. Back to /pol/ dirty Croat.
>>
>>2416983
>the eternal Serb
>democracy

ayy lmao
>>
>>2420090
>Goli Otok
What a shitshow that was.
Something that started as a way of persecuting stallinist spies in Yugoslavia during the Stalin-Tito split,became one of the biggest national embarrassments of the nation.
[spoiler]Although I do believe had they sent more of the hardcore nationalists there,and had an actual process to who goes to it rather than word from mouth-to mouth from people [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Reminds me of the story I heard of when a woman,jealous that her neighbour was being too talkative to her husband,lied to the police and made up accusations of her being a russian spy.The neighbouring woman ended up going to Goli Otok for 3 years.]/spoiler]

Also Rummel's estimates are a joke.
>>
>>2423850
Yeah my parents told me that shit was common.

Neighbour doesn't like you? He'll report you. My mother's aunt and her brother were sent away without a shred of evidence
>>
>>2420040
Judging by the history of communist regimes, I assume the killings by the regime were carried against all kinds of dissidents. If you remember a source on the figure, please post it.
>>2421748
I don't know how the figure is broken down by year, so if you can, please post a source on that.
>>2418832
>>2423492
I'm not a Croat and you're not not providing arguments.
>>
>>2418676
>>2418686
>>2425893
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>2416841
every country needs a good purge you filthy liberal
>>
File: stalin laugh.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
stalin laugh.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>2416983
>he fell for the democracy meme
>>
File: right wing rhetoric.jpg (130KB, 1050x1200px) Image search: [Google]
right wing rhetoric.jpg
130KB, 1050x1200px
Just because liberal democracy works for the west, where nations experienced enlightenment, renaissance, industrialization, have solid economists and humanists outlooks, does NOT mean that it will work in the east.
Not 100 years ago Serbia would be called an eastern oriental state, closer to Persia than to Germany, and yet here we sit pretending it needs liberal democracy, and not a strongman autocrat.
>>
>>2427704
No, 100 years ago Serbia was called a French patch in the oriental woods.
>>
>>2427709
Yeah, and Bulgaria was called the Prussia of the Balkans, and Greece was called the cradle of civilization and seat of European culture.
If you study history you will find people being wrong from time to time.

The overwhelming consensus was that they are oriental Asian pseudo nations that can't handle freedom and need to feel the whip on their backs if they are to do anything.

As late as 1980 in various documentaries Serbia and Bulgaria are called oriental, and Byzantine is treated like Western Persia rather than Eastern Rome.
>>
>>2427704
Liberal democracydon't work for the west either.
Liberalism was the greatest cancer to hit Europe
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.