[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Important History-Related Study / Discussion Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: DiscussionQuestions.jpg (95KB, 940x270px) Image search: [Google]
DiscussionQuestions.jpg
95KB, 940x270px
While knowing the timeline of events is important to the study of history, I think even more important is being able to formulate and respond to discussion questions. Discussion questions are not simple yes/no questions or something simple like "who was the first emperor of rome?" They are questions that require critical thinking, analysis, and interpretation to answer and don't always have a definitive answer.

So this thread will be dedicated to coming up with questions to ask ourselves while we study.

Post what civilization, time period, or historical event you are currently studying, and others will come up with discussion questions for you to think about. You should also post questions for yourself to answer.

This thread isn't necessarily for actually answering or responding to any of these questions. If a discussion question posted in this topic interests you, make a new topic about it.
>>
I started studying classical Chinese history today. I've already studied modern Chinese history (1900s - present). I'm going in my current book with some of these discussion questions circulating around in my head:

What elements of classical China helped shape modern China?

What were some of the main causes of the Three Kingdoms period and which of the emperors do you feel had the most 'legitimate' claim to the throne?

What caused China from 1000 - 1500 AD to become more advanced than its European counterpart?

What caused China to fall behind in modern times? What were some elements of classical China that were the cause of China's falling behind?

What caused European and Japanese imperialists to contemned China? Why was China unable to successfully defend itself?
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.