[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silesia should be an independent country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Silesia.png (68KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
Silesia.png
68KB, 300x191px
Silesia should be an independent country
>>
>King of Bohemia marries Polish princess
>2nd son becomes Duke of Silesia
>few generations later the Duchy joins the Holy Roman Empire
>acts as a counter-balance to Prussian power in the area
What would the world be like today?
>>
>>2415063
Why involve in this Bohemians? Polish princes in Silesia were probably even more receptive to German culture than the Czech dukes and kings.

Such a scenario (Silesia as leading player on the eastern flank of the Reich) almost happened, but was eventually thwarted twice; firstly by the Mongols in 1241, secondly in 1290 by the untimely death (by poison) of the duke Henry IV, just when his power was in ascent.
>>
>>2415039
I know two Silesians and they are proud Poles. This another example of "Champagne Nationalism".
>>
>>2415437
The Silesian I know is a Silesian nationalist
>>
>>2415474
2 BEATS 1 FAGGOT FITE ME

Seriously though it would be interesting to see how many Silesians are Silesian nationalists. The guys I know are expats however, does the guy you know still live there?
>>
>>2415499
The guy I know does still live there. One of his grandparents was thrown out by the gommies for being "too German"
>>
Europe is Balkanized enough.
>>
>>2415329
Well, from the time of Samo until the Hussites and Habsburg meddling, Silesia was strongly connected to Bohemia and together they resisted the primitive Wends, the treacherous Germanic and the savage Avars/Magyars. It could have lasted longer, just a thought.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.